Thursday, July 25, 2019

WIP Thursday - Nearly to the End of UFO July Challenge!

I am keeping up with the UFO Challenge for this month, but for this week I want to do a little different thing.  Instead of trying to finish something, I'm only setting my goal as finding, figuring out where I was, and then doing at least 2 more steps on my Factotum.  Of course to do that I'll have to clean/organize the pile at the end of my sewing table...so that might be more work than actually finishing something!
A few recent Etsy orders
Instead of digging through all my vinyl, I settled on the first one I ran across that I liked, a gorgeous iridescent fairy wing!
Actually, I finished up the Professional Pouch UFO last night, so I might as well throw adding the rivets to the Sandra Saddle bag on the list.  It's only been waiting for them since I sewed the strike offs... all I have to do is punch 2 holes and set 2 rivets (maybe 4 if I decided each side needs 2).  I have a punch, I have a rivet press, I have rivets, it's just a matter of grabbing the purse and doing it! I bet I can finish it in less than 5 minutes even.
Not a UFO but a long timer on the list! So thankful for patient friends!
 I'm not taking any more orders for July so I have a chance to catch up, and if I can get one more complete order done by the end of the week, I may sneak in my selfish birthday sewing!  I really want to try a new purse style, but I can't decide on fabric!  I may just have a kid help me pick and then if I don't absolutely love it, I can list it up for sale.  Not usually an issue for me since I love pretty much EVERYTHING I finish!

Current Projects and Orders: (in no particular order)

  • Moonbeam Strikes - Rosie and Minimalist wallet 
  • Annette in Michael Jackson fabric
  • NCW with Disney tattspiration fabric
  • NCW-HP -
  • Hosta Hobo in 80's fabric 
  • NCW-Floral Wars 
  • Everyday Tote - Jasmine/Aladdin
  • NCW - Jasmine/Aladdin - Prepped
  • Honeysuckle Hobo - Jasmine/Aladdin  
  • Unicorn Princess Pillowcase 
  • NBC Minky blanket 
  • HP minky blanket
  • Stranger Things Pegasus (not an exact copy of the last one)
  • Supernatural Sydney
  • Supernatural Road trip wallet 
  • Detective Pikachu Rosie
  • Detective Pikachu Scrub cap
  • Moana lap blanket
  • Supernatural Laney
  • Ravenclaw Pick A Pocket Wallet
  • ~~~~~ waiting for preorder fabric/payment~~~~~
  • India Hobo (Wizard of Oz)
  • Floral Wars Lunch Box 
  • Villains floor pillow 
  • Duffvengers floor pillow 
  • Sketchy floor pillow
  •  ~~~~No deadline/stuff for the kids/myself~~~~~
  • Minky Science blanket for my son
  • 'normal' hoodie for youngest daughter, leggings and a cardigan (going to make her cut out the pattern and pieces, but I'll probably run the serger...good sewing lesson tho!)
  • Sew Along Factotum-partially sewn, now under a pile of fabric and vinyl that needs organized again
  • Sandra Saddle bag - back to dragons, which is why I haven't made it yet  (minion order) 
  • Bandana purse - have the materials, just need time to figure it out  

Current Small Item Orders:

These are items that don't take long to finish, but since they are also handmade, I squeeze them in between the more complex items to give my brain a little break. ;)
  • Next round of teeny backpacks (2/2)

Current Embroidery Projects:

  • Appliqued key chains (0/6)

Current Crochet Projects:

  • Cotton face scrub pads - focusing on the Unicorn for now, but I will try to get back to these!
  • baby blanket with Boho style Racoon- 90% done with applique pieces but getting too warm out to work on blankets!
  • Unicorn Weebee - July UFO goal to finish - body is done (needs horn and face), working on the mane now!
  • Dragon scarf - worked on it a bit, need to finish it up!
  • Cotton coffee cup cozies - add buttons and felties, keep making more...
  • WeeBee baby doll  - Just needs some face details, and maybe a swimsuit to wear when she's not in her tail...bikini sort of works...made up my own pattern and it's interesting...
  • Chunky Unicorn Blanket - almost finished up to the hood, then just ears, horn, and fringe! - This got stashed somewhere, so I need to remember where the 'safe place' is.
  • C2C (corner to corner) baby doll blanket crochet with some random scarfie yarn - Need to figure out what hook I was using...
  • Mermaid tail towel, need to dig this back out.
  • More crochet cowls to stock up for the fall shows! 
  •  C2C blanket for my son, already the right width, now to get it long enough for a child that I expect will be taller than me!

UFO list:  

Fast finishes (hopefully)

  • Rivets on Rider's of Rohan sandra purse - Next UFO!
  • Crayon Rolls - time to cut more and find the pre-cut ones!
  • Embroidered Fox pillow cover - just needs the back cut and sewn!
  • 3 clematis clutches - Just need sewn! 
  • Mermaid morning glory pouch (half cut out! just for fun project so no rush)
  • Toothless professional pouch Finally done!

 Ready to go, but will take a bit more effort projects:

  • Downsized Denver backpack - mostly cut out, just need to figure out the straps, but may go with connectors for now to try it out
  • Doctor Who Pick a Pocket - Now that I've made several of these, I should be able to finish this one quickly, if I ever pull it out
  • Goldfish Lovey - fish is made, bowl is mostly made, needs put together
  • Dragon Lovey - pieces and the blanket done
  • Wisteria Wallets - 2 cut and ready to be assembled 
  • Bella II in Tula Pink Foxfield - outside is done, inside is cut and waiting for me to finish
  • Sea turtle crochet lovey
  • Crochet Worgen 
  • Alice in Wonderland Bonnie 
  • Tulip pouches - have some cut out (pattern)
  • Crochet Giraffe photographer  
  • Replace connector and rivets on Alice in Wonderland Daryl's Drive
  • CL hats - have maybe 3 or 4 cut, sewing them together should be pretty fast

Want to make - list:

  • Hobbit Bibs
  • Legendary Quilt pattern pillow
  • Pokemon quilts with custom fabric
  • Shirts for myself using the custom knit
  • Shirts/pants/leggings for my kids with the custom knits
  • MORE Purses with the custom knits - try out some of my purchased and never made patterns
  • Embroidered kitchen towels
  • Peeker hooded towels  
  • Giant vintage star quilts - Star Wars and Princesses
  • zip around crayon rolls 
  • custom knit leggings - Harry Potter marauder's map, maybe some 'exercise' ones?  
  • Tote bags using my coffee panels - India Swoon Pattern or Siren Tote?
  • Baby quilt - Jungle Path pattern
  • Ruched Shirt
  • Baby mermaid gown
  • snuggle/lap quilts using reading quotes and flannel backs
  • French Terry PJ shorts for one kid (and me)
  • hoodie for me
  • Princess aprons

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!