Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Venom Road Trip Wallet (Emmaline Bags)

I enjoy making wallets because they use minimal fabric from my collection, but that doesn't mean they are simple!  There is much less wiggle room for error, so it's important to cut precisely and sew on the seam allowance, and some of them, like the Road Trip Wallet from Emmaline have MORE pieces than most purses!

I'm pretty sure this isn't upside down, not that it really matters on this wallet!

Back (other) side
This wallet is a fun one, with some awesome Venom fabric I found long ago at Joann's.  I regret not getting more, but it hasn't been a high demand fabric, until this order!  There is even a matching purse I'll be sharing eventually! I used my rivet magnets for the closure on this wallet, gunmetal seemed like the perfect finish for such a dark wallet!
Magnet straight through the head...oops!
Inside, the Road Trip has a LOT of card storage.  Like, a LOT.
The card slots blend in, but there are a lot, trust me...
and more on the other side
See, lots of room!

The zipper pockets and center pouch mean you can even carry cash securely, as well as change and other things. (keys maybe? the million loyalty cards I seem to have? tiny snacks?)

An ID can easily slide into the clear pocket and stays put!
All closed up

The zipper is an awesome gunmetal on black from Wizardry, Stitchery, and crafts, and the skull zipper pulls were perfect!

My camera doesn't like to catch all the details of these pulls, they really catch the light!

 Part of this order included a fun professional pouch in matching fabric.  The tooled vinyl from MyPunkbroidery was just the right accent for this pouch.

The set
Buckle D rings from Wizardry, Stitchery, and Crafts, another favorite notion!

I even found a use for some of the amazing skull zippers I had in my stash! These molded zippers are so fun!  I love the tiny details.  They are the resin zippers on Wizardry, Stitchery, and Crafts, so they need to have the correct zipper pull to work, unfortunately most of my fancy pulls won't fit on this style.  Not that you really NEED a fancy pull when the zipper tape itself is so amazing...

Dark and spooky in there...
Wait, are those skulls? I must see them closer!

TOO CLOSE!
Is he saying Hi! Let me eat your change! or just happy to see you?

 

It's always a relief when I finish a Road Trip Wallet, mainly because that means none of the 50+ pieces ran away! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!