Monday, August 17, 2020

Bunk Pegasus Cross Body Bag (XOXO by Lauren) Moon Beam Textiles

The Moon Beam preorder this month is so SHINY!  If you are a fan of Firefly, this is right up your alley!

The only Firefly accessory I have in my house is a tiny Kaylee...hmmm....

I needed a fast project to kick off the sewing, so I grabbed my Pegasus pattern from XOXO By Lauren and was able to bust this out in one night.  If you make the outside in a single piece (using the same measurements as the lining), it's super fast!

The knit print is also available by itself!

For this purse, I used a Naughty Panel in CL.  Using Shape Flex 101 interfacing turns it into a non-stretchy fabric, and then it's simple to sew it all together.  One panel was enough to do the front and back, with some scraps left over!

Inside zipper pocket for easy turning and extra secure storage

Searching through my stash, I found an Uncorked fabric that was nearly a perfect match. I have no idea what the color name was, I just bought a stack of every color I could find and they are turning out to be perfect matches for so many projects!

The gunmetal hardware from Wizardry, Stitchery, and Crafts is an awesome accent, and even the yellow zipper tape that I bought with no real plan in mind was perfect! I like the gunmetal for darker fabrics since it doesn't immediately stand out and distract from amazing fabrics, but when you do notice it, it's pretty amazing. The Claw hardware feels more secure to me than a simple push gate swivel, and it's a fun shape!

It's the Claw!!

The yellow matches some of the spots in the print

This preorder is only open through the end of the month, so don't delay!  And keep an eye out for the next projects I'll be doing with more of the cunning fabric!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!