Friday, August 28, 2020

Jars of Fireflies - Ugly Naked Guy Hobo (Sincerely Jen) Moon Beam Textiles

The preorder for the awesome Firefly fabric is still open at Moon Beam Textiles, and you definitely need to get some!  I went a little overboard on the commitment for the strikes this time and made THREE purses, and they took me longer than I expected so I'm running behind on sharing! 

I see nothing ugly about this tote!
All 3 of the strike projects, look for the final post with the baby bag soon!
The Ugly Naked Guy Hobo from Sincerely Jen is a fun and stylish bag! I made the large size, and it is BIG!  I can fit both of the other purses inside it, in case you were wondering. ;)
They also worked great to give it a little bit of structure for some of the pics...


The hardest part about this bag was all the extra topstitching, which gives it a lot of fun detailing! One of the few times I wish I had a stockpile of the thicker thread so that it would have really popped, but then I probably would have spent twice as long making it due to picking out all my wiggle stitches!

I was living on the edge already using a contrasting thread...
So maybe don't look too close...but that could be the shape of the bag, not my stitching...yeah.

All zipped up

I went with gold hardware, which really popped against the dark blue background, and brought out the shiny bokeh look of the print.  My stash from Wizardry, Stitchery, and Crafts is really coming in handy!  The gold star was just enough bling to bump this purse up in style.  Or at least it's what I consider stylish...but I'm a jeans and t-shirt person, so not super high on the style scale.

Shiny!
Dragon flies, fireflies, it's all good

For the lining, I happened to find a bright and cheery dragonfly print at Joann's that was almost a perfect match, pretty good for not taking the fabric in with me and going off of memory!

So much room, you could hold a heist in there!

The UNG has an exterior zipper pocket, and an interior GIANT zipper pocket.  It would be easy to add in a few slip pockets, but the slouchy style means that it would pull the purse down.  Instead, I would probably suggest a few pouches or an organizer inside if you need pockets!

Plenty of room to smuggle you goods

I'm not usually a fan of short straps, but with this bag being so giant, the strap puts it at a good height so it's not hanging down and hitting your knees as you walk, plus it fits under the arm so you can trap it in place. 

Backside view
Just hanging out

Don't wait too long to jump on the preorder, it's flying away fast!

     

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!