Thursday, August 6, 2020

Neighborhood Wanderer Wallet (Moments by Liz)

Sometimes a pattern will catch my eye and beg to be made!  The Wanderer wallet from Moments by Liz has a lot of style in a little package.
All closed up and compact

Unfortunately, this wallet is designed to be made with materials that can have a 'raw' edge left on some pieces and won't fray.  I can't do that with regular fabric, so I had to modify it and see if I could make the entire thing have finished edges.  The good news is that my sewing machine is a pretty strong one, so I wasn't worried about being able to get through ALL the extra layers I'd end up with.
Opens up nice and flat
The main fabric of this wallet is a custom print from Backstitch, one with lots of gorgeous Studio Ghibli references!
For the lining and accent, the red uncorked fabric was great! I love the gold metallic glints of the fabric, and the printed texture makes it more interesting than just a plain solid fabric.
Expandable change pocket

Inside the bill section

One of the coolest features of this wallet are the 6 staggered card slots inside! 

This order also included a cute teeny backpack, which was pretty close to the same size as the folded up wallet!
The awesome snaps were from a fundraiser pack, so adorable and perfect for this project!
For the teeny backpack, I used some of the last scraps of the green fairy frost from my stash!  For being such a 'bright' color, I didn't expect it to be a great match to so many projects.
Fully finished inside
My zipper stash will eventually fail me with a matching color, but not today!
I love how the backpacks finish, really need to find time to make a bunch more with my scraps!
Back with the 'straps' and a clip

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!