Friday, February 1, 2019

Stranger Things Phoenix Billfold - XOXO by Lauren

I haven't had the chance to make many 'simple' wallets, so I don't have a favorite pattern yet.  This one is definitely in the running tho, super fast and easy finish!
Eleven will watch over your money, or spend it on waffles...
I was trying to keep Barb on because she is AWESOME.
Opened flat you get the whole scene
The Phoenix Billfold from XOXO by Lauren is pretty quick, especially if you leave off the external zipper.  I used cotton woven fabric from Backstitch fabrics, but even that magical unicorn hair fabric ended up getting a little bulky by the end.  I wouldn't suggest doing this wallet in cotton lycra fabric, or maybe only the outside. 
I only had 2 test cards handy and was too lazy to find more, but I checked all the pockets

I also managed to cut a piece 1/2" short, but was able to save it since there is a generous seam allowance. 
Will waffles inside make you hungry every time you go to spend money?

There are 6 card slots and a cash slot, but it is a nice and thin wallet!

The lucky kiddo that is getting the wallet is also getting a fun Spirited Away teeny backpack, what a great birthday present!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!