Thursday, February 21, 2019

WIP Thursday - Can I Buy More Time?

For some reason February has been the busiest month for just about everything!  School things are in full swing, my day job is keeping me busy, sewing orders keep coming in (yay!), and preorder fabric is starting to arrive!
I used to do cards all the time, but now I go to a class once a month and get my fix there!
I could really use either more days in my weekend, or more hours in my day!  I really have been finishing things, unfortunately they were either for fandom boxes (a secret until they arrive) or presents for people that might see them when I share the posts, so for now you are only getting WIP posts...soon there will be more pretty finishes!  I have some fun Wizard of Oz fabric to whip into a backpack for the fabric release next month (which is next week!) and a lot of orders to bust out, so I should have more pretties to share soon!
Some minky blanket toppers I scored, can't decide if that big Rapunzel will be mine or not!

In one of my groups a lady shared that she wasn't buying any more yarn until she used up 25 skeins from her stash...I thought that would be a good goal, but buying yarn isn't a big problem with me, it's the fabric...unfortunately with the way custom fabric goes, there is no way I could wait until I used up 25 yards to buy more or I'd be paying a LOT more for what I really want/need!  Instead I think I'll work on throwing in a fun/random item for every 5 orders I finish.  That might help with my fabric stash...and keep using up my yarn as I take breaks from sewing ;)
One of the many fabric audition pics I send to customers...final decision was stripes and the Mane event, with a different lining.


Current Projects and Orders:

  • Triple zip Oswald bag and Zippered ID pouch
  • Card Sized mini Backpacks (mega mini?) - 2 -
  • Mini Backpacks 2/4 (round 2)
  • Wizard of Oz Denver (strike off sewing, fast turnaround)
  • Pegasus in Midnight Parks
  • Ouija Annette
  • Sydney in Harry Potter fabric 
  • Connie's Clutch- Jack Skellington
  • Mini Backpacks 0/2
  • Annette in Michael Jackson fabric 
  • Small India Hobo Bag - Fraggles
  • Honeysuckle Hobo Bag - Tula Pink
  • Speedwell Sling - Rapunzel
  • Belle Baby Bag - Hobbit
  • Minky Science blanket for my son - started, realized I wanted basting spray, rolled it back up.
  • 'normal' hoodie for youngest daughter
  • Sew Along Factotum- started sewing, but put aside again for orders.
  • NCW with Disney tattspiration fabric (finally decided, now to make it!)
  • Sandra Saddle bag - now thinks she wants a Fortnite purse  (minion order) 
  • Bandana purse - have the materials, just need time to figure it out  
  • ~~~~~ waiting for preorder fabric~~~~~
  • HP Floor pillow, camera insert,reading pillow
  • HP lanterns

Current Embroidery Projects:

  • Etsy Orders
  • Inhaler cases
  • Badge Holder

Current Crochet Projects:

  • Started a new project - baby blanket with Boho style Racoon- 90% done with applique pieces, still working on the blanket, but I may get impatient and just put the raccoon on a canvas or frame it!
  • Unicorn Weebee - already to the neck!
  • Dragon scarf - worked on it a bit, need to finish it up!
  • Cotton coffee cup cozies - add buttons and felties, keep making more...
  • WeeBee baby doll  - Just needs some face details, and maybe a swimsuit to wear when she's not in her tail...bikini sort of works...made up my own pattern and it's interesting...
  • Chunky Unicorn Blanket - almost finished up to the hood, then just ears, horn, and fringe!
  • C2C (corner to corner) baby doll blanket crochet with some random scarfie yarn - Need to figure out what hook I was using...
  • Mermaid tail towel, 2 skeins of yarn into this, I must be doing something wrong because it's not THAT big yet and I only have 2 or 3 more skeins to go.
  • More crochet cowls to stock up for the fall shows! 
  •  C2C for my son, almost finished with the first (giant) skein!

UFO list:  

Fast finishes (hopefully)

  • Crayon Rolls - time to cut more, only about 3 left unsewn!
  • Embroidered Fox pillow cover - just needs the back cut and sewn!
  • 3 clematis clutches - Just need sewn! 
  • Mermaid morning glory pouch (half cut out! just for fun project so no rush)

 Ready to go, but will take a bit more effort projects:

  • Doctor Who Pick a Pocket - Now that I've made several of these, I should be able to finish this one quickly, if I ever pull it out
  • Goldfish Lovey - fish is made, bowl is mostly made, needs put together
  • Dragon Lovey - pieces and the blanket done
  • Wisteria Wallets - 2 cut and ready to be assembled 
  • Bella II in Tula Pink Foxfield - outside is done, inside is cut and waiting for me to finish
  • Sea turtle crochet lovey
  • Crochet Worgen 
  • Alice in Wonderland Bonnie 
  • Tulip pouches - have some cut out (pattern)
  • Crochet Giraffe photographer  
  • Replace connector and rivets on Alice in Wonderland Daryl's Drive
  • CL hats - have maybe 3 or 4 cut, sewing them together should be pretty fast

Want to make - list:

  • Hobbit Bibs
  • Legendary Quilt pattern pillow
  • Pokemon quilts with custom fabric
  • Shirts for myself using the custom knit
  • Shirts/pants/leggings for my kids with the custom knits
  • MORE Purses with the custom knits - try out some of my purchased and never made patterns
  • Embroidered kitchen towels
  • Peeker hooded towels  
  • Giant vintage star quilts - Star Wars and Princesses
  • zip around crayon rolls 
  • custom knit leggings - Harry Potter marauder's map, maybe some 'exercise' ones?  
  • Tote bags using my coffee panels - India Swoon Pattern or Siren Tote?
  • Baby quilt - Jungle Path pattern
  • Ruched Shirt
  • Baby mermaid gown
  • snuggle/lap quilts using reading quotes and flannel backs
  • French Terry PJ shorts for one kid (and me)
  • hoodie for me
  • Princess aprons

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!