Monday, February 25, 2019

Teeny Backpacks

Sometimes I just need a change from the 'usual' things I make and I'll sneak in a new pattern or project.  The Fairy Lanterns was one project I did for a change of pace, and Teeny Backpacks were another!
Some of the recent ones

Inside they are fully lined, version #3 of the finishing inside

They have a clip to attach to just about anything

finally, a use for my ribbon stash!

Stitch in costumes is such a fun fabric!

The castle version is pretty popular, I think I've made at least 5 or 6 of just that style!
I even have some fun coordinating ribbon in my stash...
The backpacks are loosely based on this pattern, but after making a ton of them I came up with variations to finish them a little nicer and even have enlarged them to hold a gift card!  They use small pieces of fabric and interfacing, so I've been using up my scraps for lining and even making a noticeable dent in my zipper stash! Originally I thought they'd be too much of a hassle and purchased one from another etsy seller, but after falling in love with mine, I really wanted to try my hand at making one.
First one that started me down this path to madness, claimed immediately by my youngest
Second one, requested by a little girl I babysit after she saw my daughter's, but hers had to have her favorite ponies!
The teeny backpacks are faster than a full sized purse, but they still take me a good amount of time!  I need to do a mass run of them for craft shows, they are so cute and I bet they'd be great sellers!!

I've even up-sized a few to hold gift cards!

Normal on the left, 'up-sized' on the right
If you want to order your own backpack, feel free to check out the listing on Etsy or for more fabric options, join my Facebook group!
I can even do them with customer fabric!  Perfect for showcasing your favorite hoarded fabric!
I swear I have other fabrics that would work, but everyone seems to love the Disney inspired fabrics!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!