Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Mouse House Summit Sling

I was excited to finally have a reason to make this pattern, and it was everything I expected!  The Summit Sling from Cloudsplitter is a good sized backpack, but not too big!
Panel was sent by the customer, just barely fit!
There's another rainbow zipper under the purple

Zipper pull peeking out, and Rapunzel!
The fabric is a Miss Mac custom print, which I am kicking myself for not getting more!  I paired it with the glimmery Fairy Frost quilting fabric from Michael Miller, which just adds to the magic of the print! Both the purple and teal matched like they were made for it.
Top pocket opened up

I left off the card slot pocket in the front pouch area, but kept the padded electronics pocket in the back section.
Front pocket
Top pocket is really big, with a padded pocket for tablets!

The back hidden zipper is a great feature, secure but easy to access when you need it!
The big area really shows off the print!

I was able to use my new XOXO by Lauren zipper pulls AND fancy D rings.  I love how the rings have a bar to keep them from twisting around, that is my pet peeve for using D rings and why I rarely do anymore!  I think I need to stock up on every color of these, but the rainbow are my favorite for sure!
Rainbow hardware from XOXO by Lauren, gorgeous!
Mouse zipper pull also from XOXO by Lauren
Back strap can clip on either side, for right or left handed wearing!

There are so many great characters on this print, so it was a personal goal to try to get as many as possible on the outside.  When I take custom orders, I always ask for a few favorites and those go centered when possible!

 I have a small amount of this fabric left, and lots of other options if you'd like to order your own Summit bag! 

2 comments:

  1. I have looked and looked at this pattern. After reading your post I'm going to bite the bullet and get it. Thank you for all the pictures. They helped a ton. I love your work and your willingness to help others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad they helped! I love encouraging other makers and seeing everyone's awesome ideas, can't wait to see how yours turns out!

      Delete

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!