Friday, August 30, 2019

WIP Friday - Fall is Coming!


Now that the kids are back in school, it really is starting to feel like fall!  Except for the fact that today's high is in the 90's....but the Pumpkin Spice Everything is already here! New favorite Starbucks drink is the cold brew with the pumpkin spice sweet cream and white chocolate syrup in place of the vanilla....It's AMAZING.
Recent Etsy order
Time for more backpacks!
This weekend I'm working on all the tiny stuff - keychains, inhaler cases and teeny backpacks, then I can focus on the purses again.  I just needed a small mental break before I jump into the million pieces of the next wallet and purse on the list! I'm actually still on track for order timing, so I don't feel super rushed yet...but I am also going to challenge myself to doing at least one hood a day in September for my hooded towels, and at least one new set of keychains and bows a week (totally finished, not just stitched!), plus work on cutting through my stash of stitched items! If I can get some space cleaned off, I could even have 2 embroidery machines going at once...but I'm not that inspired yet. ;)
The 'unglamorous' side of sewing...cutting interfacing. so much interfacing.

Current Projects and Orders: (in no particular order)

  • Annette in Michael Jackson fabric
  • NBC Minky blanket - halfway finished, keep getting distracted. Also need an infinity scarf to go with this order.
  • Stranger Things Pegasus (not an exact copy of the last one)
  • Supernatural Sydney
  • Supernatural Road trip wallet 
  • Detective Pikachu Rosie
  • Detective Pikachu Scrub cap
  • Moana lap blanket
  • Supernatural Laney
  • Ravenclaw Pick A Pocket Wallet 
  • Doctor Who pillow covers
  • Spiderman Minni Mini Backpack 
  • India Hobo (Wizard of Oz) 
  • Floral Wars Lunch Box 
  • Foolish Mortals NCW
  • Supernatural NCW
  • Supernatural Mini Magnolia Messenger
  • Supernatural Bag of DOOM 
  • Mash up NCW 
  • Supernatural NCW (another one)
  • Allure Ariel
  • Ariel floor pillow
  • Ariel and Unicorn blankets
  • MLP Emma bag
  • Super Hero Summit Sling 
  • ~~~~~ waiting for preorder fabric~~~~~
  • Villains floor pillow 
  • Duffvengers floor pillow 
  • Sketchy floor pillow 
  • Christmas blanket
  • DBZ and NBC baby blankets
  •  ~~~~No deadline/stuff for the kids/myself~~~~~
  • Minky Science blanket for my son
  • 'normal' hoodie for youngest daughter, leggings and a cardigan (going to make her cut out the pattern and pieces, but I'll probably run the serger...good sewing lesson tho!)
  • Sew Along Factotum-partially sewn
  • Sandra Saddle bag - Now changed to an ITA bag, possibly...
  • Bandana purse - have the materials, just need time to figure it out  

Current Small Item Orders:

These are items that don't take long to finish, but since they are also handmade, I squeeze them in between the more complex items to give my brain a little break. ;)
  • More teeny backpacks (0/10)
  • lanyard

Current Embroidery Projects:

  • Inhaler cases (0/3)
  • Warrior princess combs
  • HP house bows
  • Stuffed sloth and bunny

Craft Show Projects: (in an ideal world where I was productive every minute of the day and could work on them all day long, this would happen, but I'd be super happy to finish even half of my list!)

  • Lanterns (goal 50) - Planning an Ikea trip THIS weekend!
  • Hooded Towels (goal: 25) - (0/30 stitched in September goal)
  • Embroidered hand towels (goal: 10)
  • Crayon Rolls (goal:50) 
  • Keychains (goal: 20 never been stitched patterns, restock the best sellers - around 100 actual key chains)
  • Bows (goal: 10 never been stitched patterns, all the ponies and princesses restocked - at least 50 actual bows)
  • teeny backpacks (goal: 20 - super heroes, princesses, pretty floral fabrics, mickey mouse, star wars, not all custom fabrics)
  • Crochet cowls (goal of using up the chunky yarn in my stash, without even digging I have enough to make at least 10)
  • Slouchy hats (goal to use up my pompom stash, so 20ish) (1/20)
  • Sew up the princess apron panels (10?) 
  • fabric panel clocks (3)
  • Improve my displays

Current Crochet Projects:

  • Cotton face scrub pads - focusing on the Unicorn for now, but I will try to get back to these!
  • baby blanket with Boho style Racoon- 90% done with applique pieces but getting too warm out to work on blankets!
  • Unicorn Weebee - August UFO goal to finish - horn and hair attached, still needs a face and a dress! - Have a few more days to finish the dress, hoping it goes fast!
  • Dragon scarf - worked on it a bit, need to finish it up!
  • Cotton coffee cup cozies - add buttons and felties, keep making more...
  • WeeBee baby doll  - Just needs some face details, and maybe a swimsuit to wear when she's not in her tail...bikini sort of works...made up my own pattern and it's interesting...
  • Chunky Unicorn Blanket - almost finished up to the hood, then just ears, horn, and fringe! - This got stashed somewhere, so I need to remember where the 'safe place' is.
  • C2C (corner to corner) baby doll blanket crochet with some random scarfie yarn - Need to figure out what hook I was using...
  • Mermaid tail towel, need to dig this back out.
  • More crochet cowls to stock up for the fall shows! 
  •  C2C blanket for my son, already the right width, now to get it long enough for a child that I expect will be taller than me!

UFO list:  

Fast finishes (hopefully)

  • Crayon Rolls - time to cut more and find the pre-cut ones! - Started gathering all the fabrics I keep stockpiling...I already have an overflowing fabric cube and that's just the first pass!
  • Embroidered Fox pillow cover - just needs the back cut and sewn! - Need to figure out where it got stashed
  • 3 clematis clutches - Just need sewn! 
  • Mermaid morning glory pouch (half cut out! just for fun project so no rush)

 Ready to go, but will take a bit more effort projects:

  • Downsized Denver backpack - mostly cut out, just need to figure out the straps, but may go with connectors for now to try it out
  • Doctor Who Pick a Pocket - Now that I've made several of these, I should be able to finish this one quickly, if I ever pull it out
  • Goldfish Lovey - fish is made, bowl is mostly made, needs put together
  • Dragon Lovey - pieces and the blanket done
  • Wisteria Wallets - 2 cut and ready to be assembled 
  • Bella II in Tula Pink Foxfield - outside is done, inside is cut and waiting for me to finish
  • Sea turtle crochet lovey
  • Crochet Worgen 
  • Alice in Wonderland Bonnie 
  • Tulip pouches - have some cut out (pattern)
  • Crochet Giraffe photographer  
  • Replace connector and rivets on Alice in Wonderland Daryl's Drive
  • CL hats - have maybe 3 or 4 cut, sewing them together should be pretty fast

Want to make - list:

  • Legendary Quilt pattern pillow
  • Pokemon quilts with custom fabric
  • Shirts for myself using the custom knit
  • Shirts/pants/leggings for my kids with the custom knits
  • MORE Purses with the custom knits - try out some of my purchased and never made patterns
  • Giant vintage star quilts - Star Wars and Princesses
  • zip around crayon rolls 
  • custom knit leggings - Harry Potter marauder's map, maybe some 'exercise' ones?  
  • Tote bags using my coffee panels - India Swoon Pattern or Siren Tote?
  • Baby quilt - Jungle Path pattern
  • Ruched Shirt
  • Baby mermaid gown
  • snuggle/lap quilts using reading quotes and flannel backs
  • French Terry PJ shorts for one kid (and me)
  • hoodie for me

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!