Monday, January 17, 2022

Live Long and Prosper Begonia Drawstring Backpack - Moon Beam Textile (Blue Calla)

I really do love how quick and versatile the Begonia backpack is - I can easily change the front to show off panels of different sizes! This panel is child sized (cotton spandex) and it's so amazing that I needed to show off as much of it as I could! The reboot round of Trek Floral from Moon Beam is so gorgeous, I think I love it even more than the original!

I'm trying to talk myself out of keeping this one, I really don't NEED it...

The Comms fabric has almost a tea stained look to it, which really softens the colors and gives it a subtle vintage feeling. I think the blue floral is my absolute favorite of all (The plaid IS pretty awesome though, look for that soon on my blanket post!)

Expect to see more of this fabric, it was perfect as a subtle background for embroidery too!

I used the Comms and Blue Floral in quilting cotton; the panel only comes in cotton spandex - but the colors are a great match across the different fabrics! 

Top of the seam is the spandex, bottom is quilting cotton. And the glitter vinyl is awesome!

This needed a little something to make it pop, so I went with gold glitter vinyl from My Punkbroidery for the base. I think it was a perfect accent!

Inside the pockets are some scraps of a galaxy fabric

That's actually a phone I tried to use to keep it open. It looks strange, but there's plenty of room for it!
The hardware was an extra bit of fun, I had these in my stash from Chic Geek Designs waiting for the right project. Metallic Antique Bronze zipper tape from Wizardry, Stitchery, and Crafts matched the vintage feel of the fabric and the zipper pulls.
The lighter colors make it slightly easier to find stuff in this roomy bag!

I added an inside slip pocket since there was extra leftover from the panel, but I probably shouldn't have used it all since it made a super deep pocket!  

Sneak peek of another fun project I did with the amazing fabric

Make sure you grab your Trek Floral before the preorder ends on 1/31/22! 

Just one more picture...it's so pretty!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!