Monday, January 3, 2022

Girls Rule the Galaxy Siren Tote Bag (XOXO by Lauren)

 I love all the awesome panels that come out with the custom fabrics, but sometimes they are just a little TOO big to really showcase on a purse. However, they are PERFECT for a giant tote bag like the Siren!

Totally.

The Girls Rule the Galaxy panel from Backstitch Fabrics has a great background and vibrant colors so I tried to get as much of it as I could!

So many of my favorite characters!
The main fabric has so many great images, it was nice to be able to show them all off on the back of the tote bag!

Peering down into the abyss of this tote bag
Glimpse of a Walker on the pocket, it needed to be part of this bag!

Inside, I used a licensed print that matched nicely, plus the extra pieces of the panel became a slip pocket. This tote bag doesn't have any extra pockets as part of the pattern, but it's so easy to add in pockets and other features!

Gold metallic ink on the straps means I had to use gold hardware!

The straps are LONG so they are easy to wear over the shoulder

The only hardware this pattern calls for is the rectangle rings to connect the straps, just enough bling to make the bag feel a little fancy, without weighing it down. I used the uncorked fabric for the straps, a subtle print that matches so many of my fabrics!

So Spacey!

The base is vinyl, which gives it a little extra protection when you set it down. I used a pretty glitter black vinyl, totally spacey!

The bag is soft so it can be stuffed full, but it can stand up by itself...for a few minutes ;)
I love this panel so much that I grabbed an extra when they had retail, so I can definitely make another of these bags!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!