Monday, January 10, 2022

Magical Book Siren Tote Bag (XOXO by Lauren)

Another version of the Siren tote! They were definitely popular last year!

This bag is also great for showing off fun fabric!
For this one, I added on a magnetic snap closure. They rivet on so I can add them after the bag is totally finished, makes topstitching a little easier, plus they are pretty! The fabric is a custom, but I can't remember which group I got it from...I need to remember because I need more!

Like a shiny metal button on the outside

But it's a magnet!
I used gunmetal hardware on this one. I don't stock EVERY color of hardware in every size, but I do have a pretty good selection. Or so it seems until I start digging for a specific piece and discover I used it for another project. Maybe I should create an inventory system that links on my phone and computer plus I can enter a pattern and it will auto check for the hardware and let me know if it uses the last pieces...that sounds pretty complex and I also don't like programming, so that's not going to happen! LOL!
Gunmetal hardware is not black or silver, but a muted in-between color that matches so much stuff!
If you want a giant bag to toss stuff in, this definitely fits the bill! It's really hard to get an idea of how big these tote bags are, but you can easily fit the illustrated giant versions of the books inside!
Bigger than the book!
You could fit several of the books inside! Maybe not ALL 7 when they are released, but at least 3-4, if you can carry them since they are HEAVY!
The lining for this bag is a licensed potions fabric I found at Joann's and bought the entire bolt because it is SO PRETTY! The gold accents are metallic ink, so it has shimmer, and the colors are great.

It's hard to get pics of lining...
The Siren Tote from XOXO by Lauren is always a favorite of mine to sew up, it comes together pretty fast, and now that I have a giant ruler (20.5x20.5") it's so easy to cut out and center designs! I have plans to make a bunch more of these in fun fabrics and panels from the stash, just need a little free time to make it happen! 

The handles are a great length

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!