Wednesday, January 26, 2022

Trek Floral Projects - Moon Beam Textiles

Sometimes I make lots of little things from the scraps of the promo fabric, and while they turn out adorable/awesome, they really don't NEED their own blog post.  Instead, you get a post with a mish mash of fun stuff! The Trek Floral round from Moon Beam Textiles is so pretty and makes great background blenders or focus fabrics!

I used this same embroidery for the last time this fabric ran, just left off the words and turned it into a purse!

First time I've stitched this one up tho, and I think I'm keeping it!
The embroidery patterns are from String Theory Fabric Art, which is my go-to for geeky patterns! I used variegated thread from Wizardry, Stitchery and Crafts for the main part of the background because 1. less thread changing and 2. they were the perfect colors! The ship also glows in the dark on the Starry Trek, and I used 3 different brands of thread, so it not only glows, it glows differently for the 'shading' parts! 
Glow is SO HARD to photograph with my phone. I might get a fancy camera someday...maybe.

The pouch is the Midnight Kiss from Sincerely Jen (a free pattern if you join the group!) and I made it a little bigger to hold more stuff, like pencils or crochet hooks. The outside Comms fabric has a slightly antiqued/tea stained look to it, and I kind of love it more than the original which was a crisp and clean version. I used more of the blue for the lining, plus some sparkly blue zipper tape and another Trek zipper pull.

Love the grunge look!

The inside is really hard to photograph on a small pouch!
Inside in the scraps from the blue, I tried to use as much as I could!

Don't wait too long to fill your cart, this preorder ends soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!