Monday, June 25, 2018

Adventurous Potter Bonnie Bucket Bag (Swoon) With Concealed Pocket

Sometimes when I get a request for a bag, we go through several stages to find the 'perfect' one!  This bag is the result of a few months of back and forth emails and etsy conversations, but I think it turned out great!
Technically the back, with the zipper, but love how it looks!
Fabric from MK* designs
I'm still learning my way around concealed carry purses, and this was the first time I was asked to include Velcro in the pocket to hold a holster in place.  Also the first time I've turned a bag without convenient side seams into one with a discrete pocket (not totally hidden, but hopefully not too obvious).  The customer picked the Bonnie Bucket Bag (aff link) and my precious Potter fabric...I need more of this fabric!

Strips of loop tape, sewn about 1" apart, on both sides of the pocket.
To add the pocket, I used the same style of outer pocket it calls for in the pattern, but flipped it sideways and made sure it was big enough to reach into and fit the holster. We also skipped the center outer seam since this fabric is perfect for larger pieces and showing off!

Opened up pocket
Foam interfacing helps to give the bag structure as well as disguise the shape of anything you might be carrying in the pocket.  I also lengthened the strap so that it is adjustable from short to cross body length!
Top zips shut

For the lining, I found a pretty ombre purple that has metallic gold dots.  I think it was from V & co.
a little washed out, but you can see the interior zipper
So hard to get inside shots....
I'm glad to have this one done and already loved by the recipient! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!