Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Boon Wallet (XOXO by Lauren)- Teacher Gifts

I have limited myself to only doing teacher gifts when they are in elementary school (I'm sorry middle and high school teachers, you deserve it just as much, but this year has shown me that trying to fit in extra is just not going to work for me!)  but this was the last year for my son, and somehow I forgot that in 5th grade they rotate through teachers.  He had 3 main teachers, so I had to do something for all of them...

Boon Wallet to the rescue!  One of them requested a wallet (I made the mistake of having him ask what they wanted and he got super specific...but as I couldn't find purple bicycle fabric, they got 'cool' fabric instead) but the other 2 were up for whatever.  The Boon is a fast one, but still has great features and looks super pretty when finished.
I think the flowers might be Liberty of London fabric, one I splurged on but never cut into!

First request was for 'Blue flowers on Blue, with coffee inside'. Blue fabric was from my stash, but the coffee beans came from Joann's.
Geo glitter vinyl is from My Punkbroidery.  It's amazing in person!
Inside has card slots, zipper pocket, and 2 large slip pockets
Brown and blue look pretty nice together...need to remember this for other projects!

Second request was 'Purple with bikes or sneakers, and chocolate' but of course the only chocolate fabric I could find did NOT match any purple fabrics, and I never did find sneakers or bikes....but the purple Tula Pink fox fabric is super cute and she ended up loving it anyway!
I love the sleeping fox from Tula Pink!
Back, mostly avoided upside down foxes...
Soo... I actually cut it right, but I got confused with the measurements and did the zipper the wrong way.  Decreased the seam allowance, and it all worked out.
Vinyl from my stash, can't remember where this one came from
The final one he never got an answer, but for Christmas she had requested purple, red and green hat, so I pulled out some of the newest Tula Pink that most closely matched the request.
More Tula Pink, the latest line has some amazing vibrant colors!
Back
Inside I used some Alison Glass fabric that was an amazing match!

Luster vinyl from My Punkbroidery, wrinkled a little during turning, but such a perfect match...
After my son approved the choices and the pattern, I was able to bust all 3 out in one weekend day...which was a good thing because being sick meant I was WAY behind!  I'm pretty impressed with myself since I even had everything finished before midnight on the night before the last day!  New record for me! 

2 comments:

  1. Love your wallets!
    I also love your comment about being a collector of hobbies. Guess I am guilty of the same addiction!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not a bad addiction to have...but probably just as expensive as the bad ones! ;)

      Delete

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!