Monday, June 4, 2018

Hobbit Morning Glory Pouch (Blue Calla) - Moon Beam Textiles

The second piece of the After Dark fabric from Moon Beam Textiles (aff link) was intended for a clutch, but nothing I was running across really seemed to make it pop.  The Morning Glory pouch from Blue Calla has been on my list for a while, but without a plan.  Then I started looking at what could fit in the flap accent hole, and my stash of Hobbit fabric was perfect!  It's a Hobbit door, from a previous Moon Beam run, and I won't say how long it's been in my stash...
I debated on the correct 'up' for this door, but I finally decided doors open both ways, so it's all good.

Back, Husband said if I put it down outside, I'd lose it. I don't usually set my purses in the dirt, so not too worried...
The clutch is a free pattern, to match a bigger purse, and now I'm hoping to fit the bigger one in soon!  In the meantime, I do have a mermaid version half cut out and I've been eyeing different fabrics to see what else would work in the hole...
Pocket actually lays flat, had to pop it out to see the lining fabric better
 
Inside the pouch is a slip pocket, and it closes with a magnetic snap. There is also a connector that a wrist strap could be attached to, or just used to hang onto it.
Batman is on the lookout for Hobbits
Don't wait too long to order, the preorder closes June 21!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!