Friday, June 8, 2018

Skulls and Stripes - India (Swoon) Moon Beam Textiles

Did you ever make something and think, "Wow, I wish I was cool enough to use this?"  I'm pretty sure my kids would tell me that I'm NOT cool enough to carry this purse!
Red zipper totally pops!
One inside view
Skull pocket side without zipper. I didn't even attempt to match stripes, who has time for that??
The latest round of Moon Beam Textiles preorder is an amazing and fun Geometric Goth style of prints.  I only got a small piece of the Geo Skulls, but I was able to squeeze the small India from Swoon out of it!  I paired it with Dark Matter stripes (available whenever they aren't doing a preorder) and since this purse is ALL cotton lycra, it is like carrying your favorite t-shirt!  I kept petting the fabric as I was sewing, and even ironing didn't make it crunchy or change the feel!
Squishes pretty flat, or can be stuffed full!
The India hobo bag is super slouchy and fun, with a boho vibe.  It is fully reversible, in case you want the zipper pocket on the inside or outside (I only did one but the pattern has 2), and there are slip pockets on the inside and outside, no matter how you do it!  This is one of my fastest patterns since there is no hardware and only 1 or 2 zippers!  I interfaced every piece with SF101 to control the stretch, and used some fusible fleece to give it a little padding, but that was the only change I made!
Skull Gusset
All skulls or stripes could be a little overwhelming, but mixing the fabric placement gave it a lot of visual interest and was fun to plan!  The fat half of Geo Skulls did the strap/gusset for one side, 2 outer pockets, and one entire main panel, with a tiny bit left over! If you were going to do the large India, I'd definitely get a full yard!
Plain Stripe side, for stripey days.
Skull side, for bones of my enemy days
Don't forget to preorder your Geometric Goth fabric!
Batman can neither confirm or deny that these are the skulls of his enemies.
This post contains affiliated links, which provide me with extra fabric and supply money, but cost you nothing to use! I appreciate your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!