Thursday, June 21, 2018

WIP Thursday - It's All Fun And Games

...Until you realize you spend more time with the seam ripper than sewing...which was me this weekend.
Next wallet, hopefully much less seam ripping...
Other than the seam ripping, I haven't been doing a ton of sewing, so I finally had time to get the mermaid tin stitched out!  Now available on Etsy!  Need to get pics of the felt version still...it won't be as sparkly.
The picture is actually on the bottom because these tins have a neat window I didn't want to cover!
I was going to do her in rainbow scales, but my vinyl wandered off... she looks very delicate in white!
Helloooo! Let me out!

Some other recent projects have been orders for the applique keychains and business card holders.  They are great for using minimal fabric, and fun to find just the right cut to maximize the characters!
my dollar store cutting mat template is great to audition fabrics!
The stained glass are the perfect size for card holders!
I forgot about this fabric...
I love these portraits!
If you'd like your own card holder, you can order them on Etsy, and I'd love to find the perfect fabric for yours!

Current Projects and Orders:

  • Add Strap to Starlet clutch 
  • Sydney with Castles and Disney (waiting for the woven version of one of the fabrics to come, so much easier!)
  • Jelly Pens pillow - Done
  • Pick a Pocket/Brandt's Boulevard mix wallet -In the mail!
  • Need to add the Bandana purse back on the list, have the materials, just need time to figure it out
  • Necessary Clutch Wallet in Floral Wars
  • Speedwell sling in silhouettes fabric (waiting for woven silhouettes to arrive, any day now!)
  • Mermaid morning glory pouch (half cut out! just for fun project so no rush)
  • Sandra Saddle bag in blue Toothless fabric (fabric on preorder)
  • Princess Bride Pegasus
  • Sandra Saddle bag in rainbow Toothless fabric (minion order)
  • French Terry PJ shorts for one kid (and me)
  • raglan style shirt for me with hood and fun fabric

Current Embroidery Projects:

  • Etsy orders
  • Hooded towels 
  • Need to stitch up some sample bunny and bear stuffies using my awesome minky!
  • More applique key chains!  Deadpool might be making an appearance soon!
  • Prep work for the mini-con in June, finger puppets, key chains and bookmarks are on the list!

Current Crochet Projects:

  • Scrap buster C2C using random odds and ends...onto the 9th(?) skein and decreasing on both sides, so close to finished!
  • Started a dragon scarf with one of my Black Friday sale buys...
  • Cotton coffee cup cozies - add buttons and felties, keep making more...
  • WeeBee baby doll  - Just needs some face details, and maybe a swimsuit to wear when she's not in her tail...bikini sort of works...made up my own pattern and it's interesting...
  • Chunky Unicorn Blanket - almost finished up to the hood, then just ears, horn, and fringe!
  • C2C (corner to corner) baby doll blanket crochet with some random scarfie yarn - Need to figure out what hook I was using...
  • Mermaid tail towel, 2 skeins of yarn into this, I must be doing something wrong because it's not THAT big yet and I only have 2 or 3 more skeins to go.

Next Projects: (orders and using up fabric)

  • crayon rolls - Finish up and list on Etsy
  • Swoon Sydney messenger bags for birthday presents (from April and May...)
  •  Request for a 'small purse' for my youngest who has outgrown her Frozen Serendipity Hip...time to find it a new home!
  • Finish clematis that were cut at the same time as the swap one (3)
  • Handkerchief Purse
  • custom knit leggings - Harry Potter marauder's map, maybe some 'exercise' ones?  
  • Tote bags using my coffee panels - India Swoon Pattern?
  • Baby quilt - Jungle Path pattern
  • Ruched Shirt
  • Baby mermaid gown
  • snuggle/lap quilts using reading quotes and flannel backs

UFO list:  

Fast finishes (hopefully)

  • Crayon Rolls - precut and ready to be sewn
  • Buttons on cowls
  • Replace stripped screws on Alice in Wonderland Daryl's Drive now I need to replace the entire connector since the new one she sent is a different design, which means I need to remove some rivets....so not such a fast finish!
  • Embroidered Fox pillow cover - just needs the back cut and sewn!

 Ready to go, but will take a bit more effort projects:

  • Doctor Who Pick a Pocket - Now that I've made several of these, I should be able to finish this one quickly, if I ever pull it out
  • Goldfish Lovey - fish is made, bowl is mostly made, needs put together
  • Dragon Lovey - pieces and the blanket done
  • Wisteria Wallets - 2 cut and ready to be assembled 
  • Bella II in Tula Pink Foxfield - outside is done, inside is cut and waiting for me to finish
  • Sea turtle crochet lovey
  • Crochet Worgen 
  • Alice in Wonderland Bonnie 
  • Tulip pouches - have some cut out (pattern)
  • Crochet Giraffe photographer  

Want to make - list:

  • Hobbit Bibs
  • Legendary Quilt pattern pillow
  • Pokemon quilts with custom fabric
  • Shirts for myself using the custom knit
  • Shirts/pants/leggings for my kids with the custom knits
  • MORE Purses with the custom knits
  • Embroidered kitchen towels
  • Peeker hooded towels  
  • Giant vintage star quilts - Star Wars and Princesses
  • zip around crayon rolls

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!