Monday, March 23, 2020

Oh, Crit! Fresno Foldover Bag - Moon Beam Textiles

My second strike project for the current preorder at Moon Beam Textiles was the fun and funky Fresno Foldover Bag from Pink Pony Designs.  I love the 'Oh, Crit! panel, but my red dice fabric didn't exactly match on its own, so I decided to do the origami dragons as the coordinate, and use the dice for the accents and lining.
I only grabbed the largest die for these pics, didn't want to risk losing the little ones!
Back side, all opened up and laying down
Tiny bit of dice accent
This bag has an interesting style to it, no top closure, but you can fold it over and clip to secure the stuff inside.  It's important to remember to offset the panel if you don't want to risk hiding some of it with the strap, and lower it a little to account for the folded part.
Opened up, a little awkward to carry with the strap down low, but you could really stuff it!
The pattern calls for a grommet to clip through, but I didn't have any the right size in my stash so I added in an extra connector piece when I was cutting and attached it at the top of the back, plus lowered the front strap slightly.  It doesn't make it fold quite as much as the pattern calls for, but I think it worked and it used stuff I had on hand!
Slightly washed out pic of the connector. I thought the triangle was a fun touch!

The tote is pretty big, I fit in 2 game books with room for more, and it closed easily!
2 'normal' hard backed gamer books
so much space!

see the space??
There are also slip pockets (decided to divide it so it would fit 2 pens and more), plus a zippered pocket.  The bag has a little padding to it, so it has some structure, but mostly is slouchy.
4 pockets if you count the 2 pen ones...
Zipper pocket
I just liked this picture. No other reason for including it.
The back has a handy zipper pocket, and I decided to use some of the awesome gunmetal zipper tape from Wizardry, Stitchery and Crafts and a lightning bolt zipper pull in black/gunmetal. 
There's lightning bolts in table top gaming, right?
Dragons inside the pocket too!
The preorder closes on the 27th of March, so don't wait too long!  You know you need some! :D
This is hanging and full of books, it actually curved a bit around the post so there is extra room in there
Back view, can almost see the line of where the books are inside
This bag is looking for a good home, so check out my FB group if you want to snag it, or order something custom from these awesome fabrics!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!