Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Supernatural Magnolia Mini Messenger (Blue Calla) And More!

Lately I've been focusing on the fun and unique custom fabrics for my purses, but this one gave me a chance to go back to one of the original reasons I wanted an embroidery machine - to add on unique designs and make a purse really special!
This was done in the darkness of winter, so the 'best' pics were in the lightbox...but I was also rushing so they aren't great.
Back with awesome zipper pull from Wizardry, Stitchery, and Crafts!
The Magnolia Mini Messenger from Blue Calla is a super fun and fast bag that I love making!  The embroidery on this one came from String Theory Fabric Art, and even more awesome is that it was ordered by the designer! There are multiple sizes of this pattern, and I forget which one I ended up using since I bought them all...but it is an epic design!
See, not that great in my usual space even with my attempts to fix it in photoediting...
This bag used several different fabrics, I can't even remember where I got them anymore! Maybe it was Kimmy Snabric?  Sorry, they were definitely not from ones I buy a lot of fabric, so the name is escaping me.
If someone remembers where I got this, let me know and I'll give a shoutout!
The strap and lining used regular quilting cotton. I rarely use red, but this one just perfectly matched the stripes in the fabric! The fun zipper pulls from Wizardry, Stitchery, and Crafts were the ice cream on top of the pie that is this purse ;)
Another awesome zipper pull snuck inside!
Inside slip pocket and zipper pocket!
The rose textured vinyl from My Punkbroidery was a perfect accent to give it a slightly girly touch, but still in black, so not TOO girly. ;)
It is a thinner vinyl, so easy to work with, but still has enough body that you don't feel like it will tear.
(If you are easily offended, stop now! 'bad' words on fabric ahead!)
This order had several pieces, including a Necessary Clutch Wallet, ID pouch, and another one that I started calling the PURSE OF DOOM.  Pictures of DOOM will come later, along with that saga... but I really like how these all look together, so these are going to tag along with this purse post!
I can make sets!  I just never seem to get orders for them...
I have the Necessary Clutch available to order on Etsy, the exterior fabric is one I stocked up on!  I only have maybe 20 more of the cool zipper pulls, but I might be able to get more someday!

Has 12 card slots, 2 big slip pockets behind the card slots, a zippered pouch, and divider for 2 more areas of organization!

The Zippered ID pouch is a fast pattern from Sincerely, Jen, and so quick to make! Did I mention it's a free pattern?
Clear vinyl on the small outer pocket for quick access to an ID!
I'm still sharing all the finishes from the end of last year...I was busting things out to get them shipped in time for Christmas!  There was very little sleep in November....even less than usual!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!