Monday, March 9, 2020

Wonderland Carry It All Tote Handbag Testing (DCE)

One of the benefits of being (almost) caught up is that I can jump at the chance to test a new pattern!  This is from a new (to me) designer (Daywalker Customs Embroidery), the Carry It All Tote Handbag and it turned out pretty sweet!

Mad Tea Party time!
Back, couldn't bring myself cover those princesses!
The fabric has been in my stash for longer than I'd like to admit, and it came from Fabric Geeks.  I just fell in love with it, so I snatched as many of the panels as I could, in all kinds of sizes!  I even have some small ones that would work on pouches!
I even got the vinyl to line up nicely...at least with the front panel. We won't talk about the back
Hey, it lines up here too! Magic!
The only drawback to this fabric is that the color is nearly impossible to match for the background. It's a plummy, grey, brown, strange but pretty color.  Instead, I decided to focus on the splash of color around the Alice panel and found the amazing origami illusions vinyl from My Punkbroidery.  It actually shifts colors between blue and purple, and BOTH match!  For the other accents and lining, I went with some purples from my stash. I was surprised to realize that the purple grunge actually came from Joann's!
I love this vinyl SO MUCH.
The princesses are fun and detailed!
The pattern itself comes with a LOT of options, like adding a phone pocket or slip pockets on the back, or a funky chevron accent!  I didn't want to hide the fabric, so I moved my phone pocket inside and did some magic to make it a full pocket behind my slip pocket. (ok, not magic, I just sewed the center line of the slip pocket onto the cell pocket, then sewed the cell pocket down while holding the slip pocket out of the way, then sewed on the slip pocket edges.  Somewhat confusing without pics, so I'll stick with 'magic')
Phone pocket and slip pockets
Zip pocket and more slip pockets. I feel like the purse is staring at me...

Slightly blurry pic of the key clip.
I wanted to test out some new magnet closures I picked up, they rivet on instead of using prongs.  So far they seem pretty sturdy, and since I had those rivets going on, I decided to move my handles to attach inside, and just have the rivet caps show on the outside.  Definitely gives it some interest and style!
I think the rivets go with the punk-ish feel of the bag
This is a very detailed pattern, with a ton of options, so be sure to check it out! And check out Cheslia's blog for even more great tester pics!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!