Monday, August 14, 2017

Sew Along Time! - Fiona's Freeway by ChrisW Designs

It's time once again for a fun sew along!  This is going to be a fast one, only 2 weeks, but we are doing one of the Easy Street patterns, so it shouldn't take you too long (famous last words...) and we are here to guide you along!  As a bonus, there will also be a video guide done by Amanda to help you get through any tricky spots!
 
I decided to try printing the pattern in booklet form, as long as you have good eyesight, it's perfect!  Just print the pattern pieces in FULL size!


Sew Along Timeline:


Today (8/14) through Wednesday (8/16) - Gather supplies and start cutting out your pieces, fusing interfacing and READ instructions at least once!

Thursday (8/17) through next Tuesday (8/22) - Outside construction

Wednesday (8/23) through Monday (8/28) - Inside and putting it all together

Be sure to enter your finished bags in the album, we'll be drawing a random winner to get a free ChrisW Pattern!!

Follow along in the Facebook Group and here to get more detailed instructions, to ask questions and to share your progress!
My youngest picked this fabric for her teacher purse...in June....time to sew it up!!
For the next 3 days, you should have the pattern (Fiona's Freeway) purchased and printed out, your fabric selected, and cut, and your interfacings fused.  If you are doing cork or vinyl, be sure to follow those instructions, and if you are doing only fabric, pay attention to where you need to add seam allowances or cut to different measurements!

If you aren't printing out the entire pattern, be sure to print out pages 5, 6, 33, and 34 in addition to the pattern pieces.  The cutting lists and labels are a LIFESAVER!

I hope everyone is able to join in, this is going to be fun!

2 comments:

  1. I got this pattern a few weeks ago and cut it out. It has been waiting for me to finish other projects and get started. I think the sew along is the push I need!! I love this pattern and I'm using cork and fabric to make one for my sister.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I've had the fabric picked out since June, just waiting for time to sew it up into a teacher gift...it still counts if I get it to them before the next school year starts, right? ;)

      Delete

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!