Monday, August 28, 2017

Starlet Captivating Clutch - Bandanna Style!

I got the go-ahead to do my own pictures, so the up side is that there is no more waiting..the down side is you get my pictures and not gorgeous professional ones... ;)

For the final Springs Ambassador projects, they sent me the Have-a-Hank bandanna fabric, and some printed Baxter Mills Archive fabrics.  First up is the Bandanna one!  The bandanas themselves are large sized for bandannas, but not 'fabric' big so I had to plan out my cuts.  I thought it would be fun to try out the Bag of the Month pattern - Captivating Clutch by Mrs. H.  Since I did the smaller clutch size I was able to fit every piece on a single bandanna, and sometimes several on the same one.  I pre-washed the bandannas and also interfaced every piece since it is a lighter weight fabric.
 
The color of the inside is more of a teal than a blue, but my camera didn't like it
Inner zipper pocket divider

The clutch is smaller, but has a TON of pockets!  I was surprised once I started putting it together and saw how many exactly!  There are 2 flaps, with a pocket behind the first one, but under that flap is a zippered pocket, 2 side by side pockets, plus 2 bigger pockets.  If you wanted to go crazy, you could even add another zippered pocket on the back!
pocket between the flaps
5 slip pockets

I decided to skip the straps due to time constraints, but they could have either a wrist, cross body or even a handle on the back if you wanted!

Oh hello! Another zip pocket!
Once again, I have to say how awesome my Juki HD3000 is, I was able to sew through all the layers without any issues!  If I could cram it under my presser foot, it sewed!
Not a black and white picture, just the back...

Since this was such a fast project, I somehow must have missed taking any 'in progress' shots! 
Watch for the post on the second one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!