Wednesday, August 16, 2017

WIP Wednesday - Fiona's Freeway Sew Along and More!

I'm trying to get everything caught up so I can focus on the sew along, but so far that means a lot of mostly finished projects are now everywhere in my craft studio...I just need a few more hours of time to dedicate to finishing everything!  (or days.  Or weeks....)  I can't wait to cross them all off next week!  Something about crossing stuff off my list fills me with joy.  So much joy.
Test purse - I am totally in love with this one, but I don't NEED another purse....


The test purse has been leaked already by Christine, so if you want to see the finished look, be sure to hop over to her blog!  I started mine with vinyl but had some 'issues' so I finally cut into my cork stash.  I LOVE CORK!  It's so amazing to sew!  Why was I so afraid of it?? (oh right, it's crazy expensive.)
Fantastic Florals are a custom printed woven fabric.  I should have bought it all!
I'm also working on the zippered pouches from my tutorial, 2 for customers and since it seemed like it would be easier to throw in a 3rd, one for a child for a school pouch...All they need is maybe a good ironing and a few whacks with a hammer so I can sew the outside topstitching...I also didn't have any medium interfacing on hand (and couldn't remember what I meant by that) so I used fusible fleece.  They are nice and padded now at least, but a little thicker than usual.
Just waiting for the strap...and good pictures
If you are following the sew along, today is the final day of prep work, you should have your pieces cut and ready to sew together, plus the instructions read at least once...Tomorrow we start sewing! (at least I'm going to hope I'm ready to sew, depends on how little sleep I get tonight)

Current Projects:

  • Ellen's Esplanade - in custom knit Disney inspired fabrics - Just needs the strap and then it's ready to go!
  • Teacher purses ( fabrics all picked out, patterns printed and half cut out, goal is to finish before School starts again....in 7 days.  Fortunately one is going to be the sew along purse!)
  • 2 3 quick zipper pouches - Almost done, just needs topstitching and they can go out!
  • Swoon Sydney messenger bags for birthday presents (from April and May...)
  • Test Purse - About 60% finished, need to knock it out asap!
  • Fiona's Freeway sew along - time to cut the fabric and get it going!

Current Crochet Projects:

  • WeeBee baby doll  - Just needs some face details, and maybe a swimsuit to wear when she's not in her tail...bikini sort of works...made up my own pattern and it's interesting...
  • Chunky Unicorn Blanket - almost finished up to the hood, then just ears, horn, and fringe!
  • Figuring out C2C (corner to corner) crochet with some random scarfie yarn...couldn't find the matching yarn, picked up a solid in a very close color, but the weight might be different.  AAARGGHH!
  • Mermaid tail towel, 2 skeins of yarn into this, I must be doing something wrong because it's not THAT big yet and I only have 2 or 3 more skeins to go.
  • Started working on cowls for the fall because they are mindless and fast...but I really should totally finish them, not leave them with tails and button-less...

Next Projects: (orders and using up fabric)

  • Handkerchief Purse
  • Bag of the Month - Done 2 so far, the Minifacto and the Starlet Clutch, I think I need to do at least 2 more before the end of the year
  • custom knit leggings - Harry Potter marauder's map, maybe some 'exercise' ones?  
  • Tote bags using my coffee panels - India Swoon Pattern?
  • Baby quilt - Jungle Path pattern
  • Ruched Shirt
  • Baby mermaid gown - Need to find the fabric...it's in a packed box...still haven't found it...

UFO list:  

Fast finishes (hopefully)

  1. Crayon Rolls - precut and ready to be sewn
  2. Buttons on cowls
  3. Several random crochet hats that need ends woven in/buttons attached
  4. Replace stripped screws on Alice in Wonderland Daryl's Drive fixed one, need to get more screws because they are disappearing...
  5. Embroidered Fox pillow cover - just needs the back cut and sewn!

 Ready to go, but will take a bit more effort projects:

  1. Doctor Who Pick a Pocket - all the pieces are cut, just needs finished!
  2. Goldfish Lovey - fish is made, bowl is mostly made, needs put together
  3. Dragon Lovey - pieces and the blanket done
  4. Wisteria Wallets - 2 cut and ready to be assembled 
  5. Bella II in Tula Pink Foxfield - outside is done, inside is cut and waiting for me to finish
  6. Sea turtle crochet lovey
  7. Crochet Worgen 
  8. Alice in Wonderland Bonnie 
  9. Tulip pouches - have some cut out (pattern)
  10. Crochet Giraffe photographer  

Want to make - list:

  1. Legendary Quilt pattern pillow
  2. Pokemon quilts with custom fabric
  3. Cork purse (I have a stash I'm afraid to cut, but it's so pretty!)
  4. Shirts for myself using the custom knit (Harry Potter Ugly sweater fabric)
  5. Shirts/pants/leggings for my kids with the custom knits
  6. Purses with the custom knits (need to research the best way to stabilize) 
  7. Embroidered kitchen towels
  8. Peeker hooded towels  
  9. Giant vintage star quilts - Star Wars and Princesses
  10. zip around crayon rolls

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!