Wednesday, August 23, 2017

WIP Wednesday - More Sewing Along!

The Fiona's Freeway Sew Along is over halfway done, so I hope everyone has at least started!  I am almost caught up on everything that HAD to go out this week (almost being the key word...) so I'm planning to get mine busted out on Friday in between all the other million things I have planned for my day off.  Anyone have some spare time I can buy?  If you are on track, it's time to start the lining!  This weekend will be time to finish it all up, so be sure to watch for the videos in the ChrisW Designs FaceBook group!
Cat rattle from the new pattern by One and Two Company, I skipped the eye patch to go faster...


Perhaps the most amazing thing of this past week was that I totally finished a crochet project!  I'm notorious for starting and getting the crochet part finished, but then leaving all the finishing sewing and stuffing for months...but this one was in the UFO bag only 1 week!  New record?
Back of the pouch, I should have bought a bolt of this fabric...
I managed to snap a few pictures of the zippered pouches before I sent them off, but I'm still figuring out the lighting in the new house, we have TONS of natural light but just not the 'right' natural light...

Current Projects:

  • Ellen's Esplanade - in custom knit Disney inspired fabrics - Just needs the strap and then it's ready to go - hardware arrives Friday!
  • Clematis Swap - has to mail Friday but I have everything ready to go, just need a spare few minutes/hours to cut and sew!
  • Fiona's Freeway sew along - time to cut the fabric and get it going!
  • Teacher purses ( fabrics all picked out, patterns printed and half cut out, missed the start of school deadline!)
  • 2 3 quick zipper pouches -Done and mailed!
  • Swoon Sydney messenger bags for birthday presents (from April and May...)
  • Test Purse - Done and listed on Etsy!

Current Crochet Projects:

  • WeeBee baby doll  - Just needs some face details, and maybe a swimsuit to wear when she's not in her tail...bikini sort of works...made up my own pattern and it's interesting...
  • Chunky Unicorn Blanket - almost finished up to the hood, then just ears, horn, and fringe!
  • C2C (corner to corner) baby doll blanket crochet with some random scarfie yarn - Need to figure out what hook I was using...
  • Mermaid tail towel, 2 skeins of yarn into this, I must be doing something wrong because it's not THAT big yet and I only have 2 or 3 more skeins to go.
  • Started working on cowls for the fall because they are mindless and fast...but I really should totally finish them, not leave them with tails and button-less...
  • Crochet Rattle - stuffed and embroidered even!  Not 100% happy with the face, but not going back now!

Next Projects: (orders and using up fabric)

  • Handkerchief Purse
  • Bag of the Month - Done 2 so far, the Minifacto and the Starlet Clutch, I think I need to do at least 2 more before the end of the year
  • custom knit leggings - Harry Potter marauder's map, maybe some 'exercise' ones?  
  • Tote bags using my coffee panels - India Swoon Pattern?
  • Baby quilt - Jungle Path pattern
  • Ruched Shirt
  • Baby mermaid gown - Need to find the fabric...it's in a packed box...still haven't found it...

UFO list:  

Fast finishes (hopefully)

  1. Crayon Rolls - precut and ready to be sewn
  2. Buttons on cowls
  3. Several random crochet hats that need ends woven in/buttons attached
  4. Replace stripped screws on Alice in Wonderland Daryl's Drive fixed one, need to get more screws because they are disappearing...
  5. Embroidered Fox pillow cover - just needs the back cut and sewn!

 Ready to go, but will take a bit more effort projects:

  1. Doctor Who Pick a Pocket - Now that I've made several of these, I should be able to finish this one quickly, if I ever pull it out
  2. Goldfish Lovey - fish is made, bowl is mostly made, needs put together
  3. Dragon Lovey - pieces and the blanket done
  4. Wisteria Wallets - 2 cut and ready to be assembled 
  5. Bella II in Tula Pink Foxfield - outside is done, inside is cut and waiting for me to finish
  6. Sea turtle crochet lovey
  7. Crochet Worgen 
  8. Alice in Wonderland Bonnie 
  9. Tulip pouches - have some cut out (pattern)
  10. Crochet Giraffe photographer  

Want to make - list:

  1. Legendary Quilt pattern pillow
  2. Pokemon quilts with custom fabric
  3. Cork purse Cut into my stash to make the test purse, it was SO EASY to sew!  
  4. Shirts for myself using the custom knit (Harry Potter Ugly sweater fabric)
  5. Shirts/pants/leggings for my kids with the custom knits
  6. Purses with the custom knits (need to research the best way to stabilize) 
  7. Embroidered kitchen towels
  8. Peeker hooded towels  
  9. Giant vintage star quilts - Star Wars and Princesses
  10. zip around crayon rolls

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!