Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Beetlejuice H2O to Go (Lind's Handmade Design) Wizardry, Stitchery, and Crafts

Now that I'm getting caught up on orders, I can squeeze in fun projects! For the H2O to Go Sling, I got to try out the new canvas and water resistant canvas (WRC) coming soon to Wizardry, Stitchery, and Crafts. I used the cotton canvas for the outside, and the water resistant for the lining, and both inside my pockets.  

A fun print with pops of bright color!

Back, the seam is almost hidden!
Close up of some of the fun details of the prints, plus I remembered to add my tag!

Tried to get a bright pic in my lightbox
The canvas fabric is not super stiff, and I decided to prewash it. I did it the normal way I do all my custom fabrics -- free and clear detergent on 'colors' setting (with color catchers), medium heat dry with wool dryer balls...and it didn't seem to affect it at all! The water resistant canvas still let the water bead up and roll off, but if you leave the water on it for a while, it probably will soak in, eventually. It doesn't have the stiff plastic-y backing of my water proof canvases, so it feels MUCH softer!

The grunge look on the fabric is pretty, almost like it is graffiti! 

The almost stripe matching was totally accidental...
Since it isn't plastic backed, I still did a layer of SF101 on the outside fabric to give a little more structure and support for any stress points, but the canvas is a good thickness, without being too stiff.

It still stands up by itself!

All of the supplies for this project (except the SF101 because I totally forgot I could request the geeky fuse, rats!) are from Wizardry, Stitchery, and Crafts! The black and white 1.5" webbing is thick but still feels soft, the bright lime green and night mare zipper tape is a PERFECT match, and the spider web zipper pull was a fun accent. I even used villainous sewing string, which really blended in with this print! There is a limited amount of the regular canvas that will be available on Friday, but there will be a preorder soon for more and the water resistant version!

It's really hard to get a pic of the awesome zipper teeth color, but look at the fun spider web pull!

I love the triangle clips more than the buckle D rings!

I'll be stockpiling this webbing, a nice and thick one that looks great!

I love the black and white splattered spots fabric, I'm already planning to squeeze in a few quick projects with my scraps!

Peering into the abyss

Is it just me, or does this look sinister?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!