Monday, June 13, 2022

Funky Bunch Gunther Hobo (Sincerely Jen) Snow Willow Designs Fabric

Maybe trying a new pattern on strike fabric is asking for trouble, but there are some designers that I feel pretty confident the pattern will come together smoothly, so it's worth the risk! I've never made the Gunther Hobo bag from Sincerely Jen before, but it is so perfect for showcasing a fun print like this fabric from Snow Willow Designs! Bonus, it came together pretty quick!


I took it outside to try to capture the grey background and vibrant colors
Pretty rainbow zipper!

Inside it came across as more white, but it's a soft grey!
The Funky Bunch fabric is up for preorder now, and has a lot of versions! The speechless with all the creatures is so fun, but there is something for everyone!

It has a little structure to it, but would be easy to squish into a small space or pack full!
The tote bag has one back slip pocket that is not quite big enough for my new giant phone (Galaxy S22 ultra) but would be perfect for holding keys or other stuff you need to have handy.

Slip pocket is up at the top, not very obvious in any of my pics!

The front has 2 slightly hidden zipper pockets, and I used the pretty rainbow unicorn pulls from Wizardry, Stitchery, and Crafts, plus the awesome hardware and even the Unicorn mane sewing string!

Peering into the pocket

Was I focusing on the fairy or the hardware? I forget...

Inside pocket, you can see the details of the grey coordinate fabric!

And another unicorn on top!
I had a lot of trouble getting a good color shot of the coordinate to show off the fun little print, but it's actually one of my new favorites! It's a perfect coordinate and would be a great simple print to add to my collection.

The colors on the zipper are perfect!

SUPER roomy bag, with some nice slouch!
Can I talk about the strap for a moment? I usually make my own strap, but the seatbelt webbing from Wizardry, Stitchery, and Crafts was a PERFECT match for this bag, and so super fast to sew up! I made it into an adjustable cross body strap. It's a good lightweight but sturdy material, kind of silky with a nice satin shine. I actually bought several colors to use for the H2O to Go bags, so they are 1.5" wide, which is nice for spreading out the weight of the bag, and not digging into shoulders as much.

Flat lay to show off the strap, the color is so pretty!
Make sure you check out all the fun versions of the Funky Bunch before the preorder closes!

You know you want this fabric...

I just love this embroidery with it!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!