Friday, June 17, 2022

Cacti Charlotte City Tote (Swoon) Wizardry, Stitchery, & Crafts

Another fun project I squeezed in last week was the Charlotte City Tote from Swoon. I used the cotton canvas that will be releasing today from Wizardry, Stitchery, and Crafts, and all the other amazing stuff they sell!  This is such a bright and cheery bag, kind of out of my comfort zone (not usually a lot of pink in my makes) but it turned out even better than I hoped!

Sides unclipped, but not pushed out

Sides clipped in

Side view, with the sides tucked in
I used the hot pink waterfalls vinyl for my base and overlays, and pretty gold hardware for the accents. I was even able to 'cheat' on the straps and used some coordinating webbing! The webbing is fun because it runs vertical on one side, and horizontal on the other!

The only corner that was perfectly aligned...the rest were close!

The print is echoed on the strap!

It's surprisingly soft to the touch, for being covered in cacti!

Since I was using a thicker fabric, I still included one layer of SF101 for a little extra structure, but didn't do 2 layers like the pattern called for, and it still sort of stands up, but has the perfect amount of slouch. 

I cheated a little, it's full of air pockets and has my stand holding the handle up
With the sides unclipped, it holds even more!

This bag uses the Strawberry shortcake sewing string (PERFECT match), gold hardware - 1" connectors, 1/2" buckle D ring, 1/2" clasp, white and pink zipper tape, gold zipper, gold magnet, the waterfall vinyl, and the cotton canvas fabric, ALL from WS&C

I don't normally stock gold, but it looks great with this!

Little connectors are so cute!
This is a fast and simple bag, with tons of style! It only has one zipper pocket inside, but the little connector inside totally changes the shape. A magnet holds the top closed, giving it a little more security than a regular tote bag.
I love the inside fabric, it has tiny cacti in some of the triangles!

A brighter pic of the lining, but it washed it out slightly. The colors are so vibrant!

This fabric was really nice to work with and I'm definitely going to be keeping an eye out for more fun styles, plus the preorder for the water resistant canvas and webbing!

I definitely need more of this webbing!
One last pic, might be hard to let this bag find a new home!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!