Monday, October 16, 2017

All The Sparkles - Hosta Hobo

When I asked this teacher what her favorite colors are, I got "hot pink and black.  And white.  And sparkles."  so I went with it!  My son helped pick out the style of purse and approved the fabrics, so all I needed was some spare time.  Unfortunately I was in the middle of a move and backed up on orders at the end of the school year, and the summer flew by, so she just barely got it this month. I think that still counts since it's technically the same year...just not school year...  :D
My new favorite photo shoot location, a ledge in my house.


This is the small Hosta Hobo from Blue Calla, and the second time I've done this pattern.  Since it was for a purse instead of a camera bag, I left out the extra insert and also just used fleece instead of foam to give it a nicer slouch feeling.  As it gets used, the fleece will soften up and get even slouchier!
Inside zipper pocket and slip pockets
Brighter shot, but not as true on the color

One of the outside pockets, would easily hold keys or a small phone!
The outer fabric actually has glitter on it as well, but it seems to be on pretty good and I didn't end up covered in glitter at the end of the project (amazing!).  The black glitter vinyl gives it an easy to clean bottom with lots of sparkle!

Glitter does not photograph well...each white 'spot' is actually glitter
This pattern is not too hard, but it has a lot of zippers and the end connectors are tricky to get in straight.  I ended up recutting and sewing one extra because I screwed it up enough times that I was worried about structural integrity.  (sewing vinyl several times can perforate it and cause it to tear later!)  Using wash away double stick tape makes zippers MUCH easier, even on curves!
Mostly straight connectors...I'm sure the glitter will distract from any mistakes!
I meant to do the extra fancy stitches...totally not to cover up crooked lines
 I added on purse feet, which adds just a touch more 'professional' look to a handmade purse!
Feet are from Emmaline Bags, love how they come with inside anchor pieces for extra stability!
 Hopefully I can plan ahead a little better this school year and actually finish the teacher gifts BEFORE the end of the year!  Not holding my breath tho...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!