Monday, October 2, 2017

Zelda Style - Brownie Wallet from XOXO By Lauren

If you are looking for a SUPER fast wallet pattern and have some fold over elastic (commonly called FOE by the crazy sewing types), vinyl, cork, or leather, and a scrap of fun fabric, this is the perfect pattern!  The Brownie Wallet from XOXO by Lauren is great for last minute gifts. 
I've been hoarding this cool Zelda/Link print...and this barely used any!
More of the fun fabric inside

When I made my first one, my oldest said all it needed was a money slot, so I decided to try adding that in.  Today there is a new release from XOXO by Lauren for a similar wallet with both the money slot and a back zipper pocket, which I didn't even consider adding, but would be a nice extra! (Phoenix Billfold - looks a little smaller but with more features)


Money slot is nice an deep with some extra room, might even fit other things!
Making the lining of the pocket out of vinyl or another thick material probably would have made the wallet really bulky, so I went for a fabric pocket.  I cut each body piece 1/2" taller for a seam allowance and sewed the pocket lining to each piece at the top with a 1/2" seam allowance.  (I was too lazy to do the math for just a 3/8", but it would work fine with whatever you like).  I also used SF101 on the backs of the pocket pieces, to prevent fraying without adding a lot of bulk. 

I waited to topstitch the pocket edge of the inside with the card pockets until they were all on and also attached the FOE to the pocket lining piece instead of the front (no extra line of stitches on the outside).  I might remember to take pictures of my process next time if I'm not trying to get it finished in less than an hour before we ran off to the birthday party.
6 card slots inside, raw edges make it look a little more 'manly,' right?

I think now that I've worked out the kinks, I could probably get several done in one day, including cutting!  The best part though was when my son told the birthday boy "My Mom made it.  Anything my Mom makes is awesome."  Which of course melted my heart! 

2 comments:

  1. My husband would love this! I'm excited to get my wallet in the mail!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could easily make another one, just let me know! ;)

      Delete

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!