Wednesday, October 18, 2017

WIP Wednesday - Time To Get Spooky?

Yesterday someone on the radio pointed out that it was 2 weeks exactly until Halloween, which led to panic as I realized I needed to get the costumes started...and then more panic when last night my son gave me a paper for a spook house he's doing on THURSDAY of this week...I try to volunteer at it every year when my kids do it, so I have to try to throw together a 'spooky' outfit tonight since I wasted last night somehow... I'm guessing that I'll be wearing one of my regular shirts unless I can get a pattern taped together, cut out, and sewn in under 2 hours...I do have a lot of fabrics that could work for a 'spooky' shirt...
What is more Halloween than a vampire slayer??
How about a pirate?

I'm feeling better, not awesome, but not 'hit by a bus' either.  Getting in new fabric and supplies this week is helping to motivate me to work faster, now I just need to turn that motivation into action...

Next order, wallet with the funny faces outside and awesome rainbow effervescent inside
And then start busting out key chains, finger puppets, crayon rolls, zippered pouches, hats, cowls, coffee cozies, mug rugs...maybe I should figure out how to hook my brain up to a robot body so I can sleep and still sew at the same time...that doesn't seem like the plot to a bad sci-fi movie at all...
Snaps for more key chains!
I'm sure I'll start getting a ton of stuff done...or give up and catch up on sleep.  Hmm, sleep sounds really good...
Ripping stitches on knit fabric is much harder than on woven, no 'fast' zipping through it!

Current Projects:

  • Marauder's Map NCW order - Done and mailed!
  • Funny Faces Brandt's Boulevard Order
  • Hobbit Bibs
  • crayon rolls
  • India Hobo sew along from The Fabric Geeks group - If I hadn't sewn the panel very crooked, I'd probably be done by now...
  • Halloween Costumes - Splatoon shirt/skirt/leggings and squid hair, Duplicant Shirt, Addam's Family Shirt for me

Current Embroidery Projects:

  • Finger Puppets - Need to restock and try some of my new ones! Turtles that do martial arts are ready to be stitched, along with some space heroes...
  • Stitch some of the new bows:  Cheer sized Jack, Sally, and Oogie; Ocean and other inspired bows
  • More embroidered peeker towels (and put together the finished hoods)
  • Ornaments - pull out baby machine and let her run?
  • restock key chains - maybe try some of my new ones or just add more Star Wars inspired ones... 
  • Kitchen towels with Christmas sayings

Current Crochet Projects:

  • Cotton coffee cup cozies - weave in ends, add buttons and felties, keep making more...
  • Weave in ends on hats and cowls, add buttons.
  • WeeBee baby doll  - Just needs some face details, and maybe a swimsuit to wear when she's not in her tail...bikini sort of works...made up my own pattern and it's interesting...
  • Chunky Unicorn Blanket - almost finished up to the hood, then just ears, horn, and fringe!
  • C2C (corner to corner) baby doll blanket crochet with some random scarfie yarn - Need to figure out what hook I was using...
  • Mermaid tail towel, 2 skeins of yarn into this, I must be doing something wrong because it's not THAT big yet and I only have 2 or 3 more skeins to go.
  • Started working on cowls for the fall because they are mindless and fast...but I really should totally finish them, not leave them with tails and button-less...
  • Started a princess dress style blanket - Need to just add a border on the sides and it's done!  Even have pieces already attached :O

Next Projects: (orders and using up fabric)

  • Swoon Sydney messenger bags for birthday presents (from April and May...)
  •  Request for a 'small purse' for my youngest who has outgrown her Frozen Serendipity Hip...time to find it a new home!
  • Finish clematis that were cut at the same time as the swap one (3)
  • Storm Trooper shirt for me (super cute pattern, hopefully doesn't emphasize my 'mom bod')
  • Handkerchief Purse
  • Bag of the Month - Done 2 so far, the Minifacto and the Starlet Clutch, I think I need to do at least 2 more before the end of the year
  • custom knit leggings - Harry Potter marauder's map, maybe some 'exercise' ones?  
  • Tote bags using my coffee panels - India Swoon Pattern?
  • Baby quilt - Jungle Path pattern
  • Ruched Shirt
  • Baby mermaid gown - Found the fabric!  Maybe I'll just make one for fun since the Niece is already past the newborn size...
  • snuggle/lap quilts using reading quotes and flannel backs

UFO list:  

Fast finishes (hopefully)

  1. Crayon Rolls - precut and ready to be sewn
  2. Buttons on cowls
  3. Several random crochet hats that need ends woven in/buttons attached
  4. Replace stripped screws on Alice in Wonderland Daryl's Drive fixed one, need to get more screws because they are disappearing...
  5. Embroidered Fox pillow cover - just needs the back cut and sewn!

 Ready to go, but will take a bit more effort projects:

  1. Doctor Who Pick a Pocket - Now that I've made several of these, I should be able to finish this one quickly, if I ever pull it out
  2. Goldfish Lovey - fish is made, bowl is mostly made, needs put together
  3. Dragon Lovey - pieces and the blanket done
  4. Wisteria Wallets - 2 cut and ready to be assembled 
  5. Bella II in Tula Pink Foxfield - outside is done, inside is cut and waiting for me to finish
  6. Sea turtle crochet lovey
  7. Crochet Worgen 
  8. Alice in Wonderland Bonnie 
  9. Tulip pouches - have some cut out (pattern)
  10. Crochet Giraffe photographer  

Want to make - list:

  1. Legendary Quilt pattern pillow
  2. Pokemon quilts with custom fabric
  3. Shirts for myself using the custom knit (Harry Potter Ugly sweater fabric)
  4. Shirts/pants/leggings for my kids with the custom knits
  5. MORE Purses with the custom knits
  6. Embroidered kitchen towels
  7. Peeker hooded towels  
  8. Giant vintage star quilts - Star Wars and Princesses
  9. zip around crayon rolls

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!