Monday, October 23, 2017

Jack Wisteria Wallet

I finally had a reason to revisit the Wisteria Wallet by Blue Calla and this time went MUCH smoother!  I made sure to label my pieces and check my measurements, and surprise, it worked!  So weird how focusing on only one project at a time lets you stay on track and not mix up tiny pieces...
Jack and Zero fit perfect on the side panels!

The Wisteria is a smaller wallet, perfect for cards, a few essentials, like lip gloss and business cards, ID, and some folded cash, but unless you have a small phone, it's not going to fit in there...
Back with glittery vinyl tab to keep the cards in place
This wallet was requested with a wrist strap, so I had to add on some extra pieces. Fortunately I've been making a lot of Clematis lately and just went straight off the measurements for the strap and tab.  The placement was a bit tricky, I had to make a few modifications to get it to work out right.  I wanted the zippers to be closed up at the end where I was putting the wrist strap, and the card slots to be right side up when dangling.  If I had planned a little better, I could have just switched the zipper direction, but since I didn't, I had to do some ripping and re-cutting on my card slot side...just the edging pieces, so not a HUGE deal.
Lining up the strap tab with the zipper worked pretty good...but that was still a LOT of layers to sew through!
Someday I'll get the hang of fussy cutting large pieces...but that day was not today!  I thought I had this cut so that you'd see Jack's face...but instead you get a super stretched body and his face ended up under the tab.  At least this part will be hidden mainly by the vinyl tab and cards...
Inside the pockets I decided to go with the fun faces, just for a fun pop when you open it up.
Front zipper pocket
Top zipper pocket
I even was able to use a Jack snap! 
I have this one, black on black engraving, and now some painted ones...Time to make more wallets!

You know what every Jack wallet needs? A Jack bow
At the rate I'm making wallets, I should be able to get production on them to under 2 weeks, even with orders in line!  I wonder what it would be like to get orders out in a week or less?  Probably feels pretty amazing!  Of course, it seems that my orders come in groups, so I'll go from only a few a month to a few in one week...mainly at the end of the year when I have a million other things going on at the same time!  I can't complain, it keeps me out of trouble and gives me excuses to buy more fabric!  ;)

2 comments:

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!