Wednesday, January 10, 2018

WIP Wednesday - Emphasis on the 'In Progress'

Is it just me, or is 2018 trying to pick up speed and fly by just like last year? I'm not going crazy on a birthday party this year...mainly because I have a sinus infection.  I keep looking for some fun things to make for my son's party, but he only decided last weekend on Mario theme, so that didn't give me a lot of time!  He gets what he gets...which is pretty much whatever I could find on Amazon and shipped fast.
New design for a reading pillow

That being said, I did manage to almost finish a few things...for some reason I can't seem to get things totally done this week!  Even my new purse still needs the should/cross body strap done, but I'm already using it.
Latest hooded towel order
More pictures coming soon!
Teacher hats are 2/3 done, just need to weave in ends and finish the last one, kind of nice to have some crochet projects with deadlines so I actually finish them...unlike the 27 other ones I have started and sitting in bags... If I ever finish all the crochet projects I bet I'll suddenly have about 7 of each hook size again instead of never being able to find the size I need...
Late night finishes mean pics aren't quite true to color...


Current Projects:

  • 2 more Hogwarts clutches - found embroidery for one, need to get these going!
  • Harry Potter embroidered reading pillow - Stitched out and just got in my GIANT new quilting ruler square that should make cutting pillows MUCH faster!
  • French Terry PJ pants for one kid (and me)
  • raglan style shirt for me with hood and fun fabric
  • Teacher gifts - 3 hats requested, 2 are done except for weaving in ends, and maybe a flower or something...
  • Sneaking in a new purse for me, I have 2 more days of my 'sew-cation' before I start working on this month's orders! 

Current Embroidery Projects:

  • Hello Kitty hooded towel
  • Sailor Moon keychains

 January Orders:

  • Potter purse
  • Cat purse - Sydney
  • Lord of the Rings Ramona

Current Crochet Projects:

  • Started a dragon scarf with one of my Black Friday sale buys...
  • Cotton coffee cup cozies - add buttons and felties, keep making more...
  • WeeBee baby doll  - Just needs some face details, and maybe a swimsuit to wear when she's not in her tail...bikini sort of works...made up my own pattern and it's interesting...
  • Chunky Unicorn Blanket - almost finished up to the hood, then just ears, horn, and fringe!
  • C2C (corner to corner) baby doll blanket crochet with some random scarfie yarn - Need to figure out what hook I was using...
  • Mermaid tail towel, 2 skeins of yarn into this, I must be doing something wrong because it's not THAT big yet and I only have 2 or 3 more skeins to go.

Next Projects: (orders and using up fabric)

  • crayon rolls - Finish up and list on Etsy
  • Swoon Sydney messenger bags for birthday presents (from April and May...)
  •  Request for a 'small purse' for my youngest who has outgrown her Frozen Serendipity Hip...time to find it a new home!
  • Finish clematis that were cut at the same time as the swap one (3)
  • Storm Trooper shirt for me (super cute pattern, hopefully doesn't emphasize my 'mom bod')
  • Handkerchief Purse
  • custom knit leggings - Harry Potter marauder's map, maybe some 'exercise' ones?  
  • Tote bags using my coffee panels - India Swoon Pattern?
  • Baby quilt - Jungle Path pattern
  • Ruched Shirt
  • Baby mermaid gown - Found the fabric!  Maybe I'll just make one for fun since the Niece is already past the newborn size...
  • snuggle/lap quilts using reading quotes and flannel backs

UFO list:  

Fast finishes (hopefully)

  • Crayon Rolls - precut and ready to be sewn
  • Buttons on cowls
  • Replace stripped screws on Alice in Wonderland Daryl's Drive fixed one, need to get more screws because they are disappearing...
  • Embroidered Fox pillow cover - just needs the back cut and sewn!

 Ready to go, but will take a bit more effort projects:

  • Doctor Who Pick a Pocket - Now that I've made several of these, I should be able to finish this one quickly, if I ever pull it out
  • Goldfish Lovey - fish is made, bowl is mostly made, needs put together
  • Dragon Lovey - pieces and the blanket done
  • Wisteria Wallets - 2 cut and ready to be assembled 
  • Bella II in Tula Pink Foxfield - outside is done, inside is cut and waiting for me to finish
  • Sea turtle crochet lovey
  • Crochet Worgen 
  • Alice in Wonderland Bonnie 
  • Tulip pouches - have some cut out (pattern)
  • Crochet Giraffe photographer  

Want to make - list:

  • Hobbit Bibs
  • Legendary Quilt pattern pillow
  • Pokemon quilts with custom fabric
  • Shirts for myself using the custom knit (Harry Potter Ugly sweater fabric)
  • Shirts/pants/leggings for my kids with the custom knits
  • MORE Purses with the custom knits
  • Embroidered kitchen towels
  • Peeker hooded towels  
  • Giant vintage star quilts - Star Wars and Princesses
  • zip around crayon rolls

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!