Wednesday, January 17, 2018

WIP Wednesday - I Should Be More Frantic, But I'm Not. Not Yet.

I feel like I have a ton of stuff waiting for me, but at the same time, I'm ahead of my schedule so I'm in no rush...I should probably just bust everything out because it will take me longer than I expect...Saying I have 6 purses to sew by the end of the month, which is 2 weeks away isn't causing the usual level of panic...I'm not sure what's wrong with me or what's in my coffee to make me so calm.  Maybe I've reached such a high level of stress that my brain has snapped and I'm ready to paint happy trees and call it a day?  (I'm not a painter, my happy trees look like happy puddles of green sludge)
Preorder coming soon from Moonbeam!  Did you sing it? I totally do every time I look at it...
I have been making progress on lots of stuff at least, finishing the teacher hats and even putting a button on my own hat!  I've only been wearing it for 2 months with an unfinished flower center...

Left is teacher, right is mine
Teacher slouchy hat, with LOTS of sparkle in the yarn!
Another teacher hat...my son picked all the buttons, I think he has a pretty good eye!
The clutches are coming together, and if I can get them sewn up by the end of the week, I'll be ahead of the order cycle, which probably won't last long.  I'm also trying to clean up and organize the craft studio, but I'm in the 'everything looks worse' stage of organizing and cleaning.  I need to come up with a good method to store my finished etsy stock so that I can easily find things and get them shipped out faster. I'm still waiting for the craft gnomes to come and organize everything, as long as they provide an index to find everything they put away...
Personalized clutch, I lived on the edge and embroidered after I cut!
After making these for the party last weekend, I had a few extra to list on etsy!

Current Projects:

  • 2 more Hogwarts clutches - ready to sew
  • Harry Potter embroidered reading pillow - ready to be finished, had to iron all the wrinkly fabric...yay for the heat press!
  • Diaper Bag Pattern test
  • Moonbeam strikeoffs - Rosie, some sort of fast pouch
  • French Terry PJ pants for one kid (and me)
  • raglan style shirt for me with hood and fun fabric
  • Teacher gifts - Done before the end of January!
  • Cat purse - Sydney - Waiting for one more fabric to show up 
  • Lord of the Rings Ramona

Current Embroidery Projects:

  • I don't have any??  That can't be right...maybe I need to start stitching things I've bought and never made, at least one a week?

Current Crochet Projects:

  • Started a dragon scarf with one of my Black Friday sale buys...
  • Cotton coffee cup cozies - add buttons and felties, keep making more...
  • WeeBee baby doll  - Just needs some face details, and maybe a swimsuit to wear when she's not in her tail...bikini sort of works...made up my own pattern and it's interesting...
  • Chunky Unicorn Blanket - almost finished up to the hood, then just ears, horn, and fringe!
  • C2C (corner to corner) baby doll blanket crochet with some random scarfie yarn - Need to figure out what hook I was using...
  • Mermaid tail towel, 2 skeins of yarn into this, I must be doing something wrong because it's not THAT big yet and I only have 2 or 3 more skeins to go.

Next Projects: (orders and using up fabric)

  • crayon rolls - Finish up and list on Etsy
  • Swoon Sydney messenger bags for birthday presents (from April and May...)
  •  Request for a 'small purse' for my youngest who has outgrown her Frozen Serendipity Hip...time to find it a new home!
  • Finish clematis that were cut at the same time as the swap one (3)
  • Storm Trooper shirt for me (super cute pattern, hopefully doesn't emphasize my 'mom bod')
  • Handkerchief Purse
  • custom knit leggings - Harry Potter marauder's map, maybe some 'exercise' ones?  
  • Tote bags using my coffee panels - India Swoon Pattern?
  • Baby quilt - Jungle Path pattern
  • Ruched Shirt
  • Baby mermaid gown - Found the fabric!  Maybe I'll just make one for fun since the Niece is already past the newborn size...
  • snuggle/lap quilts using reading quotes and flannel backs

UFO list:  

Fast finishes (hopefully)

  • Crayon Rolls - precut and ready to be sewn
  • Buttons on cowls
  • Replace stripped screws on Alice in Wonderland Daryl's Drive fixed one, need to get more screws because they are disappearing...
  • Embroidered Fox pillow cover - just needs the back cut and sewn!

 Ready to go, but will take a bit more effort projects:

  • Doctor Who Pick a Pocket - Now that I've made several of these, I should be able to finish this one quickly, if I ever pull it out
  • Goldfish Lovey - fish is made, bowl is mostly made, needs put together
  • Dragon Lovey - pieces and the blanket done
  • Wisteria Wallets - 2 cut and ready to be assembled 
  • Bella II in Tula Pink Foxfield - outside is done, inside is cut and waiting for me to finish
  • Sea turtle crochet lovey
  • Crochet Worgen 
  • Alice in Wonderland Bonnie 
  • Tulip pouches - have some cut out (pattern)
  • Crochet Giraffe photographer  

Want to make - list:

  • Hobbit Bibs
  • Legendary Quilt pattern pillow
  • Pokemon quilts with custom fabric
  • Shirts for myself using the custom knit (Harry Potter Ugly sweater fabric)
  • Shirts/pants/leggings for my kids with the custom knits
  • MORE Purses with the custom knits
  • Embroidered kitchen towels
  • Peeker hooded towels  
  • Giant vintage star quilts - Star Wars and Princesses
  • zip around crayon rolls

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!