Thursday, April 4, 2019

Magical Consuela Clutches (Sincerely, Jen) - MoonBeam Textiles

It's time for another round from Moonbeam Textiles and I can't even express how excited I was to sew some of the gorgeous fabrics.  I *may* have gone a little overboard in volunteering to make 4 zipper pouches at once, but to be honest, I didn't really think about the fact that I'd only have about 1 1/2 days between receiving the fabric and when the round opened...good thing the round is open until the 21st!
I had entirely too much fun with the cup...
see?
I used the fabric above the border to make the lining and straps!
Ravenclaw is MINE!!
The backdrop is the Motions fabric, I used a little on the Hufflepuff handle, but it's a larger scale and didn't show up as nicely
The fabric I received was 4 FH (fat halves) of the small scale border in woven cotten, plus 2 more fat quarter pieces of the symbols and wand motions (also woven).  I have almost a full fat quarter of each of the main pieces left, so I can't wait to whip up a few more projects when I get a chance!
Back pockets are all Symbols fabric, my extras are going to go on inhaler cases, and maybe teeny backpacks!

I'm not sure if I was taking a pic of the lamp or the clutch...so you get a closeup of both
These are the small scale border print, and the castles are PERFECT for smaller projects!  I could see these on lots of different styles of zipper bags, clutches, cups, mug rugs, pot holders, wallets, or whatever you could possibly want!  The rest of the fabric is a gorgeous starry swirl of the main house color, and makes perfect linings or 'non Potter' style items!

My kids were laughing at my artistic attempts
I also ordered a Tri-Wizard lamp that showed up the same day as the fabric, so I had to play with them together!  I really wanted to get out a wand for my photo shoot, but I was losing the light in my good spot.

The pattern is the Consuela clutch from Sincerely, Jen and it's adorable!  I don't know why I expected it to be larger, but it is almost perfect size for a pencil bag!  The outside zipper pocket could hold erasers and other small items.  I guess it could hold your phone inside, and a few (very few) items, but it seems much smaller than the other clutches I've made.  For the sake of time and sanity, I left off the inside card pockets...and looking at the pictures from the pattern, I also neglected to topstitch the ends so they look a bit different.  I feel like mine are now expandable, so I'm calling it a feature, not a mistake ;) 

Don't forget to preorder your amazing fabric at MoonBeam Textiles! There are 2 sizes of the border prints, plus a stripe version with even more castles!  I can't decide which ones to stockpile since they combine two of my favorites, Potter and space!  The colors seriously look like stars and nebula pictures from NASA!!


Affiliate Disclosure: I will receive compensation from Moon Beam Textile Company when a purchase is made using the links in this post. It costs you nothing, but helps to fund my fabric addiction!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!