Monday, April 8, 2019

Potter Sydney - Swoon

It's been a while since I last made a Sydney from Swoon Patterns!  This one was a request for a 'binder sized' one, so I increased the gusset to be a full 4" instead of tapered.
Such a great messenger style bag!
Wider zipper gusset, fits a 4" wide binder
I am really happy that the custom fabric makers have finally started offering a lot of their new fabrics in woven and canvas, but this was an older print, so I had to remember my stretchy fabric skills!  It's a lot easier if you interface with SF101 before you cut, but I never plan that far ahead...and even though I buy it by the bolt, it still feels a bit like wasting the interfacing (which is not cheap!).  If anyone remembers where this fabric came from, I'd love to get more!
Front zipper pocket, has fun newsprint inside!
I should pick up another bolt of this fabric...

Back, with full slip pocket - perfect for papers
More fun newsprint inside the back pocket
For this one, since the outside is the stretchier fabric, I used a woven for the strap and gusset.  I've made one fully cotton lycra strap, and it ended up so thick that I had to cannibalize a belt buckle to make an adjustable strap slider.  Never again!! 
Metallic gold print, once again I could have really used gold hardware!
I even tried to get some fun details under the front flaps, but of course I forgot to check my focus on one of them (sorry!).  The customer is a Ravenclaw, so I had to include that under the flap!

The awesome Deathly Hallows fabric, newsprint and stained glass fabric all came from Joann's.  I'm so glad they are stepping up their game with the cool prints now!
Looking down, I added in some extra stabilizer since it's going to be holding a lot!
Inside has divided slip pockets
Zipper pocket on the other side
The Sydney really is a great bag if you need lots of pockets and room!  I really miss carrying mine, might be time to make another one!
Affiliate Disclosure: I will receive compensation from Swoon Pattern Company when a purchase is made using the links in this post. It costs you nothing, but helps to fund my fabric addiction!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!