Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Nightmare Connie's Clutch

The Connie's Wristlet is one of those patterns that looks insanely complicated, but when you sew it up, you realize it's just a bunch of magic and actually is pretty simple!  Not exactly easy since there are places where you have the entire clutch stuffed inside the pieces you are sewing, but not complex either.
Customer requested this image as the focal point!
The secret to sewing around the bulky area is to use your zipper foot so you can get closer.  I also make a few passes if I find my seam allowance wasn't quite enough!  Reaching inside and wiggling stuff out of the way also helps...but watch out if you used pins to hold stuff together inside!  At least I didn't bleed on the wallet.
Zipper end, riveted to the clutch so it's not flopping around but you can still open it pretty wide!
The wristlet itself actually is a fast sew (relatively) and only takes a few hours if you stay focused.  Or so the pattern claims... I am always getting interrupted so it usually takes me longer than the estimated time!  For being so tiny, it has a LOT of pockets! the outside zips closed and inside are 4 sections and another zippered pocket!
Outside sections
Inside sections
Middle zipper pocket

Removable wrist strap
Lately my orders have had add-on items, like teeny backpacks or inhaler cases, and this one had a fun Studio Ghibli style inhaler case! 
Only cutting teeny pieces of my fabric means I can make it last FOREVER!! 
If you want to order your own Connie's Wristlet, I have them available for custom ordering on Etsy!  I have so many other fabrics that would look amazing with this pattern, and about 1/3 of them are in albums in my FaceBook group!
The fabric has lots of great images!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!