Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Floral Chic Sneaky Satchel (ChrisW Designs Pattern Testing)

The second pattern in the Minimize to Maximize Collection is the Sneaky satchel. This little bag is so adorable! I was super lucky to be able to test this pattern for Christine, but it was so hard to not share how awesome the finished bag was until I got the go-ahead!

Look I watermarked for once!

Even the strap is awesome!
This collection is all about video instructions, with a bare bones pdf for instructions, plus the pattern pieces.  I don't usually like videos, but the pattern is a very straight-forward one, so after you watch it once, you might not even need to refer to the video! I was testing, so I watched through it once, then I raced Christine while I ran it again, to see if I could sew faster than she was explaining. (it's the little things that make life interesting, right?)

Inside zipper pocket
The good thing about the videos is that they are broken up into each step, so you don't have to write down the time you stop or skip through it if you stop in the middle, just go to that step and viola, ready to go!
More fun hardware from Wizardry, Stitchery, and Crafts!

Peering down inside
Now about the actual bag... This is one of the smaller ones I've made (not the smallest, but for a purse, pretty small). It has a flap that would be so fun to embroider or do a fun featured fabric, as long as you pay attention to the direction of the fabric. The flap is actually one long piece that makes up the back part of the Sneaky Satchel...and the reason behind the 'sneaky' name! (I'm guessing here, but makes sense to me) 
It's not a pocket...

The 'sneaky' part is that there is a pass through area between the body and the flap! You can detach the strap and pass it through to make it a waist bag, or stick a small jacket/scarf through there to hang and leave your hands free!

You can see through it!

with the strap threaded through
The back has a neat vertical zipper, perfect for showing off some of my custom zipper pulls, like this rose from Wizardry, Stitchery, and Crafts!
Good thing the flowers can be about any direction...

I mixed and matched hardware colors since they all matched the fabric!

For the fabric, I used a border print from Blended Threads, a custom fabric company based in Canada that does some gorgeous non-fandom prints! This bag would look awesome in either fancy fabrics or some of my other fun fandom based ones! 
The border print is HUGE but I kind of love how it really makes a statement on the small purse!

The entire flap opened up

Don't forget to grab your own copy of the Sneaky Satchel! I can't wait to see these popping up in the group! This one is looking for a good home, but I definitely have plans to make more!

One last pretty pic!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!