Monday, March 22, 2021

Mask Panel Rainbow Phone Pouches - Moon Beam Textiles

 Part of the newest preorder running this month at Moon Beam Textiles are these awesome mask panels! I wanted to see what else I could make with them, but they are pretty small...perfect for a fun phone pouch!

Pretend I cut the Galifrey panel centered...dangers of late night sewing!
The panels I got are the large size, and the image size was perfect to fit on the flap of these Rainbow Phone Pouches.  I thought I had extra of the Star Wars round scraps but they have disappeared into the black hole of my craft studio...instead I found some fun matching fabric in the stash that perfectly accented the Rebel Leader panel! 

The splatter paint looking fabric was a Halloween one that I couldn't resist!


Rainbow magnets? Yes please!

One of the nicest thing about collecting hardware is that usually I can match any project I dream up...this was no exception! The rainbow magnet, buckle d-rings, and black and lavender zipper tape from Wizardry, Stitchery, and crafts was perfect!  Throw in a rainbow connectors from My Punkbroidery and a rainbow Rebel symbol from another group, and it's like I was being guided by the force!

I kind of love rainbow hardware.

The zipper is the perfect shade to match the flap!

The second panel I received is the large Companion one, and I was able to find my scraps from the Traveller's round so this one turned out pretty amazing! If you don't have scraps of your own, you can always snag some from the Everlasting Preorder. 

The panel was used for the flap - darker print

Yes, the inside is more centered...again, late night cutting is always a crap shoot...

The hardware on this one is almost all from Wizardry, Stitchery, and Crafts, from the silver magnetic snaps to the phone booth pull!

I have a stockpile of the phone booth zippers!

Phone inside
I made the largest size of the pattern, which is supposed to fit up to 5.5" phones. I used my daughter's Samsung A51 5G phone to model since it's even bigger than my Samsung Galaxy S10. It fit in nicely and wasn't hard to slide in and out, but was pretty secure inside!
See, I told you it was a phone in there

Don't forget to preorder your fabric, you have until the end of the month! 

One last look at this epic phone pouch!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!