Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Micro Adventure Projects - Moon Beam Textiles

I love to do my embroidery on a fancy background, just to give it that extra 'something' to make it stand out. The Micros and Naughty round from Moon Beam Textiles was so amazing that I had to save some pieces of my strike fabric for these epic embroideries!

These would be awesome in any home, Hobbit or otherwise!
The embroidery files are from String Theory Fan Art, a great site for all things nerdy, geeky, and awesome!
Hint, search 'jewelry' on the website to unlock awesome designs

For the embroidery, I used 5x7" files and pieces of fabric cut larger. The 8" wooden hoops work great for some of these, and for those I cut the fabric at least 10" squares, so I have room to wiggle them around and center. I used the quilting cotton fabric for these, and backed them with SF101 fusible interfacing plus a medium cutaway interfacing to give the fabric stability to handle the dense stitching.

Definitely need to stock up on this version of the script, it's a gorgeous parchment color!

For the canvas mounted ones, I use an 8"x10" sized canvas and cut the fabric at least 13"x11" so that I have extra fabric to wrap around the edge and staple on the back.  I would rather have extra to cut off, but most of the time I eyeball it and end up cutting it too small! The canvas style works best for designs that use the full 5"x7" frame since the hoop cuts off the corners of the design.

The embroidery blends in a little more on this one, maybe an applique design would be better?

Make sure to grab your own awesome Micros fabric before the preorder closes at the end of the month! And here's a sneak peek of more fun things I got to make with this awesome fabric! I'll be sharing more pretty pics of them in the weeks ahead!

They are also looking for good homes...


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!