Thursday, May 12, 2022

Ghibli set - Ultimate Art Organizer, Zip Mask Case, Greta Wristlet, And More!

This order featured 2 versions of the same fabric, used on a few different projects! Unfortunately the group that ran the fabric is no longer open, but I still have a little more in my stash. The mask cases and wristlet were pretty fast projects, but the Ultimate Art Organizer from Sew Sweetness was a lot more work. Not difficult, just fiddly. 

All one order, so much fun stuff!
Just the organizer, with a cute inspired fabric

Would I make it again? For enough money, yes. ;) The hardest part was making all the marks on the elastic and the case, which was mainly tedious, not hard. I definitely had to pay close attention to all the seam allowances and steps, but it ended up really nice!

All 3 sections

To help with the organizing, the inside sections are each a different color. The pattern has pockets on the inside of some sections, but this one is made to hold ALL the markers/pens/pencils, so it was only the elastic. I forget how many exactly it will hold, but I'm pretty sure it's over 100!

Opened up, lays flat for each section

The camera hates my sewing room, so ignore the off color, but those were all the markers I could find quickly

The other fun part of this organizer is the zippers! I was able to do 3 different pulls (from Sew Dulce), and the Night Mare Zipper tape from Wizardry, Stitchery, and Crafts was perfect for all of them!

I'm not even sure where I got the zipper pulls from anymore...
But look at that subtle rainbow!

It's almost like 3 books put together!
This order also included mask cases and masks, and I used the Zip Mask Case from Dog Under My Desk. Super fast to cut and make, and so fun! I think these could be used for a lot more than just masks, so I may try making a few more, if I ever find some spare time!

Both versions of the fabric, different backgrounds changes the look!
Peeking inside, they have a pocket for sanitizer/dirty masks/little stuff

More of the fun zipper pulls!

This order also included a zipper pouch, so I used the Greta Wristlet pattern from Teresa Lucio Designs. I attempted to punch the hole for the strap but my grommets were too small, and it totally ruined the pouch (I didn't cry, but I did take a break after that). Attempt #2 I used the strap connector and was MUCH happier. I still have the 'ruined' pouch to fix in my pile...someday when I'm not mad at it anymore.

Probably the best shot of the gorgeous cork pocket

The back

Riveted on connector, buckle D ring and clasp from Wizardry, Stitchery, and Crafts

Peeking down into the outside slip pockets

It probably wouldn't have hurt so much to have to remake if I didn't use cork on the outer pocket. Cork is amazing and even MORE expensive than custom fabric! 

There were masks and a cute Grogu pouch that I didn't get separate pics for...lots of goodies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!