Friday, May 6, 2022

Ghostbusters Glow Magnolia Wallet (The Styled Magnolia) - Wizardry, Stitchery and Crafts Promo

Sometimes (Usually) I get promo stuff and can use it in any way I want, like this glow in the dark vinyl and zipper set from Wizardry, Stitchery, and Crafts. My original idea was to use it for some sort of Goonies inspired project, but when I got it, the zombie brain pattern of the vinyl  inspired me more toward something undead....like zombies or ghosts!

The rainbow effect is so fun! 

Tried to get a picture to make the white pop, but my camera washed out the patch a little

It glows!
I found a perfect fabric in my stash from Geek Garden, a micro version of the iconic logo. I needed to make it more obvious from the outside that this was a Ghostbuster's wallet, so I found a patch from String Theory Fabric Art that was perfect! Instantly identifiable, if you know the movies, but not too overwhelming. 
The mini wallet outside of the main, can sort of see the card slots...

Even remembered to put my logo on the back!

My original idea for this project came about because I recently purchased the new Magnolia wallet pattern from Styled Magnolia and was looking for an excuse to try it out! I think the timing on my sewing machine needs fixed a little, so I decided to do all my pics BEFORE trying to do the topstitching around the wallet. 

Later pic - Ok, the topstitching didn't turn out THAT bad...
But using a matching color was definitely a good idea!
One thing I always forget to do is take a picture that really shows off the card slots. Since I don't have THAT many empty gift cards, I just grabbed a stack of my business cards...you can see that this wallet holds a LOT!
All 17 card slots filled
Only lose 2 card slots when it's tucked in!

The vertical card slots

I used the fun Candy Cane sewing string (also from WS&C) because it perfectly matched the lining fabric!  I probably should have done a blending thread on the mini inside wallet, the contrast showed every spot where I had a wiggle or wasn't paying attention. I really should have switched to the teflon foot for sewing, but I was being lazy!

Can almost see the thread...

Stitching looks ok from this side!

With the mini wallet tucked inside
The pattern came together pretty nicely, I might do a few things different in the next one, and definitely using matching thread on the mini wallet! It was only my first time installing spring snaps, so that took a little bit of figuring it out/youtube searching. They actually were pretty easy to install, and there was a hammer involved (luckily, no fingers were involved with the hammer directly!)

That zipper glows too!
Inside glowing! Needed charged first, but if you carry it separate, would definitely glow

The mini wallet has a zipper pocket, ID pocket, little slip pocket, and card slots. It's super cute and would be great if you needed to go fully minimal! It tucks into the bigger wallet, so you lose easy access to a few of the card slots and the slip pocket, but the bigger wallet has a bunch more card slots just waiting for you to fill them up!

There are only so many pictures you can take of a wallet...
But look at that rainbow effect!

I couldn't wrap my head around the 'up' direction of each piece, so I ended up with the symbol going all the directions! For wallets, this isn't as big of a deal IMO, but now I know!

Busting ghosts from all directions!
Only get a little dizzy if you keep staring at it...

The real challenge of this wallet was getting a good picture of the glow! I borrowed a black light flashlight and used that to 'charge' the vinyl, then it was super bright! Even without the charging, it has a really nice glow. And the zipper glows too!

Check out the zipper glow!

Next step, glow in the dark tags!

I got a whole roll of the vinyl, so I decided to try another fun (and fast) project with it. The vinyl mini notebook covers from Nosy Pepper are so fun, and this one went perfectly!

So perfect for this design!

Even the back is pretty!

Does the glow make it more creepy?

I still have MORE of the glow in the dark vinyl left, definitely need to find more projects! It would be great for appliques or keychains...hmm, so many ideas, so little time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!