Monday, July 16, 2018

Mane Event Pick A Pocket Wallet (ChrisW Designs)

There are some custom fabrics that you really need to see in person to appreciate.  The first few times I saw the Mane Event (Backstitch fabrics), I thought it was cute, but not something I'd ever need. 
Technically the back, but the best place to showcase the fabric!
Then a customer sent me her fabric to make a wallet and I fell in love! The colors are so vibrant and crisp and now I want some of my own!!  To show off this fabric, I made it into a Pick a Pocket Wallet from ChrisW Designs.

Front, Rapunzel and Pascal on the tab
This wallet is one of my most requested.  It's the traditional wallet shape, but there are some options for the inside set up, either more card slots or an extra zipper pocket.  I really love how it all comes together too!  For the interior, I used some grunge fabric, perfect coordinate!  I love the 'textured' looking quilting fabrics, they are more interesting than just a plain solid for the lining but don't distract from the main fabric!
Lots of card slots! They blend in, but I swear they are there!
For this one, I changed the snap closure to the tongue and lock closure I use with the Brandt's Boulevard, which was a little bit tricky, figuring out how long to make it without using the entire strap.  We didn't want to cover any of the good parts of the fabric!
Tongue lock, moved it down lower than the snap placement, kind of guessed/used the Brandt's Boulevard patttern
To get both sides the 'right' way up, I have to seam the middle of the outside piece.  It takes a little math, but if you use the pattern piece and add a seam allowance onto the side it says to cut on the fold (don't cut on the fold, cut 2 separate pieces!), you will be able to sew them together and end up with the correct size!
Opened up, you can see my line in the middle, sort of.
I was able to score a few scraps of this fabric, but I can't decide what to make with it next!  Maybe we'll be lucky and there will be a reprint!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!