Monday, March 11, 2019

Fantastic Princess Scorpio Tote (XOXO by Lauren)

As busy as I have been lately, I couldn't resist sneaking in a little selfish sewing when I saw this fun new pattern from XOXO by Lauren!  It's a fast bag and perfect for showcasing two (or three) of my favorite prints!
What's a group of Tardis (Tardii?) a Wibble? a Wobble?
Fun strap detailing on one side

The Scorpio was just released on Friday, but it's only $1 for the pattern, can't beat that!  For this one I used some of my hoarded Knitorious Fantastic Florals and Moonbeam Textiles (aff link) K&G Reboot Wibbly Wobbly fabric on the outside, and Wanderlust Princess Bride Quotes for the lining.  Two of my most favorite fandoms ever!
Makes me happy to look inside, and also I think everyone should expect an increase in my Princess Bride quoting...

The Scorpio has interesting detailing on the outside and is perfect for showing off pretty fabrics or even embroidery!  I have a few ideas for more ready to sell ones, just need some spare time!
Slightly blurry top shot to show it all closed up
My laptop fits inside perfectly! HP Pavilion something or other.

Inside are 2 slip pockets and a zipper pocket.  It would be simple to add more slip pockets to the other side or another zipper if you wanted it!

For mine, this was the first time I've ever used decovil for big pieces and I'm not sure if I like it or not.  It definitely gives a lot of structure without adding weight, but it's important to have everything totally smooth and let it cool flat before you mess with it.  I did add in foam to my finished bag since this is going to be my new laptop bag, but next time I might leave off the decovil on the exterior and do only foam for the full exterior piece.  

With the open computer for size, it's a bigger laptop!
One lesson I learned was that cutting a rectangle in half is NOT the same as cutting a triangle and the mirror image of that triangle.  It only took me about 20 minutes to figure out why my pieces were not working out...and that is why I don't cut or sew after midnight usually...
Scorpio tote with the Wendigo. Scorpio is slightly bigger!
 The Gemini was also released on Friday, a fun 2 flap style giant bag, so check that one out too!
Cross body adjustable strap, with nylon webbing so it was super fast!
This bag is all mine, but if you'd like to order your own I can definitely add it to my list!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!