Monday, March 25, 2019

Oswald Triple Zip

I really thought I knew all the Disney characters, but I admit I am not familiar with Oswald!  That being said, he's kinda cute!  It's not often that I get an order for something I don't know at least a little bit about (except the newer toddler shows, most anime, some video games..ok, I can't keep up with EVERYTHING!), so this was a fun challenge!
He seems like a happy guy!

Inside each pocket matches the strap fabric, black and white Disney fabric
The Triple Zip from Sew Da Kine is a relatively easy pattern, but it was designed for fabric that doesn't require interfacing, like cork and vinyl.  It's not a big deal to add in the interfacing, and once you do that, it comes together pretty quick!  The main fabric came from DGF Designs, another custom group, so this one is probably not easy to find since the preorder is over.
Inside the main compartment
Vinyl back

For this one the customer requested the back in black marine vinyl, with a vinyl cross body strap.  I did it half fabric and it was STILL almost too thick to go through the slider.  I really hope she doesn't need to adjust it all the time because it won't be easy to move around.  The vinyl back was interesting and pretty simple to do, so maybe I need to remember to use my vinyl more often!

The change purse can clip onto the strap attachment or go inside
There was also a request for a matching change purse, and the Zippered ID case from Sincerly, Jen was perfect!  I really love this pattern, so fast and easy, but still looks like it took some time!
I swear it's more square than it looks.  It just has a lot of fluff to it...should settle down with some change in there!
Snap pocket
Inside the zipper pocket

I have a little bit more of this fabric in my stash, waiting for just the right person to order a custom bag with it!
Clear vinyl ID pocket, seems a shame to hide him tho!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!