Wednesday, March 27, 2019

WIP Wednesday - It's the Little Things...

That are sucking up my time the most!  I keep thinking that they are 'super fast' projects and the next thing I know it's midnight and I'm sitting there with a half finished project on my sewing machine, trying to stay awake. 
Super fast and adorable Mary Poppins pouch, need to make a few more, this combo was so sweet!
Of course, when I switch back to bigger projects I realize how easy the little things actually were!  I really hoped to have at least 2 or 3 more things to knock off the list, but I need to face facts that the start of the week is NOT going to be very productive for the next few months, and just get done what I can! Between my day job, afternoon gig as a kid chauffeur, evening finishing up the day job, and then trying to get orders shipped before the post office closes, plus sometimes even cleaning my house, I'm lucky to get 20 minutes to spend in the craft room!  Throw in random weekend activities, allergies due to spring, and spending time with the family, and there goes my 'sewing' time.  I'm still slogging through the order list, just not nearly as fast as I expected.  Sewing and crafting keeps me sane, so I won't be stopping that any time soon!
5 finished! 3 are already claimed, just the silver Harry Potter style and red Game of Thrones left!
I was pretty excited to work on lanterns again tho!  I have so many more fabrics I want to put on my stash, just need to set aside more time to do another set!
I have a feeling Supernatural anything is going to sell out for a while!
some of my new HP fabrics!
The Iron Throne
New style of lantern, only has 2 panes, but larger and reminds me of a locker!
I also whipped up a floor pillow so I didn't screw up customer fabric making something for the first time.  Super fast and fun!  This is with a full sized pillow and 3 blankets inside, could shove in about twice as much...or a kid's bed worth of stuffed animals...probably.
Dragon!
Lots of dragons!


Current Projects and Orders:

  • Sydney in Harry Potter fabric  - shipped off even!
  • HP lanterns added in a few extras at the same time, but I still have a stockpile of lanterns to use up!
  • Last minute local request for a change purse (sorry, bff gets to jump the line sometimes, especially since her other, more complicated request has been on the list for a few months)
  • Connie's Clutch- Jack Skellington
  • Mini Backpacks 2/7 - 4/7 cut and prepped
  • card sized backpacks 0/3  - Cut and ready to go!
  • triangle zip keychains 1/2 - calling one finished, except for the final key fob, which takes a few seconds! Just need to change the dies on my press and drag out the hardware...
  • HP Floor pillow, camera insert,reading pillow - HP fabric showed up, so this gets bumped up the list.  Even made a test floor pillow so I know what I'm doing!
  • NCW with Disney tattspiration fabric
  • Annette in Michael Jackson fabric 
  • Small India Hobo Bag - Fraggles
  • Honeysuckle Hobo Bag - Tula Pink
  • Speedwell Sling - Rapunzel
  • Belle Baby Bag - Hobbit 
  • GOT Bonnie
  • Siren tote HP panels and potions  (Highly modified, but the fabric showed up, so now it's on the list!)
  • NCW - black and white HP maps
  • Deadpool Phoenix Wallet 
  • 2 minky blankets from my toppers
  • Connie's Clutch - Star Wars glittery floral
  • Minky Science blanket for my son - started, realized I wanted basting spray, rolled it back up.
  • 'normal' hoodie for youngest daughter, leggings (going to make her cut out the pattern and pieces, but I'll probably run the serger...good sewing lesson tho!)
  • Sew Along Factotum- started sewing, but put aside again for orders.
  • Sandra Saddle bag - back to dragons, which is why I haven't made it yet  (minion order) 
  • Bandana purse - have the materials, just need time to figure it out  
  • ~~~~~ waiting for preorder fabric~~~~~
  • Zippered pillow (sword in the stone) 
  • India Hobo (Wizard of Oz)

Last minute things thrown at me:

  • Birthday presents for 2 parties this weekend, would like to do one a princess apron, no idea for the other one.   Ended up not making anything for them, sometimes shopping is just much easier!

Current Embroidery Projects:

  • Etsy Orders
  • Inhaler cases - 0/2
  • Badge Holder
  • Paw Patrol Wings - 1/2
  • Starting keychain stash rebuilding for May 4th mini show - Cut out existing ones, snap them all, stitch out new ones (Umbrella Academy, How to train your dragon, Star Wars, Supernatural...whatever else catches my attention!)

Current Crochet Projects:

  • Hat for oldest child - Did one in a smaller size, now she doesn't like the yarn colors...I will get this right eventually!
  • Started a new project - baby blanket with Boho style Racoon- 90% done with applique pieces, first cake of yarn is almost done but might add another to increase blanket size to something usable!
  • Unicorn Weebee - already to the head!
  • Dragon scarf - worked on it a bit, need to finish it up!
  • Cotton coffee cup cozies - add buttons and felties, keep making more...
  • WeeBee baby doll  - Just needs some face details, and maybe a swimsuit to wear when she's not in her tail...bikini sort of works...made up my own pattern and it's interesting...
  • Chunky Unicorn Blanket - almost finished up to the hood, then just ears, horn, and fringe! - This got stashed somewhere, so I need to remember where the 'safe place' is.
  • C2C (corner to corner) baby doll blanket crochet with some random scarfie yarn - Need to figure out what hook I was using...
  • Mermaid tail towel, 2 skeins of yarn into this, I must be doing something wrong because it's not THAT big yet and I only have 2 or 3 more skeins to go.
  • More crochet cowls to stock up for the fall shows! 
  •  C2C blanket for my son, on the third skein!

UFO list:  

Fast finishes (hopefully)

  • Crayon Rolls - time to cut more, only about 3 left unsewn!
  • Embroidered Fox pillow cover - just needs the back cut and sewn!
  • 3 clematis clutches - Just need sewn! 
  • Mermaid morning glory pouch (half cut out! just for fun project so no rush)
  • Toothless professional pouch (cut out and ran out of time to finish)

 Ready to go, but will take a bit more effort projects:

  • Doctor Who Pick a Pocket - Now that I've made several of these, I should be able to finish this one quickly, if I ever pull it out
  • Goldfish Lovey - fish is made, bowl is mostly made, needs put together
  • Dragon Lovey - pieces and the blanket done
  • Wisteria Wallets - 2 cut and ready to be assembled 
  • Bella II in Tula Pink Foxfield - outside is done, inside is cut and waiting for me to finish
  • Sea turtle crochet lovey
  • Crochet Worgen 
  • Alice in Wonderland Bonnie 
  • Tulip pouches - have some cut out (pattern)
  • Crochet Giraffe photographer  
  • Replace connector and rivets on Alice in Wonderland Daryl's Drive
  • CL hats - have maybe 3 or 4 cut, sewing them together should be pretty fast

Want to make - list:

  • minimalist wallets for craft shows with custom fabrics
  • Hobbit Bibs
  • Legendary Quilt pattern pillow
  • Pokemon quilts with custom fabric
  • Shirts for myself using the custom knit
  • Shirts/pants/leggings for my kids with the custom knits
  • MORE Purses with the custom knits - try out some of my purchased and never made patterns
  • Embroidered kitchen towels
  • Peeker hooded towels  
  • Giant vintage star quilts - Star Wars and Princesses
  • zip around crayon rolls 
  • custom knit leggings - Harry Potter marauder's map, maybe some 'exercise' ones?  
  • Tote bags using my coffee panels - India Swoon Pattern or Siren Tote?
  • Baby quilt - Jungle Path pattern
  • Ruched Shirt
  • Baby mermaid gown
  • snuggle/lap quilts using reading quotes and flannel backs
  • French Terry PJ shorts for one kid (and me)
  • hoodie for me
  • Princess aprons

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!