Friday, March 1, 2019

Over The Rainbow Denver Backpack (Swoon) - Moonbeam Textiles

I've been looking for an excuse to make a Denver backpack ever since I got the pattern as an exclusive from the Bag of the Month Club, and this strike off was the perfect project for it!
I want to try this with a true toss fabric, then it won't matter the direction I cut it!
The shape is definitely unique!
Back in awesome tornado fabric, no vinyl to make your back sweat more!
The fabric is an ADORABLE Wizard of Oz inspired print, and there are some fun panels that match, plus amazing rainbow coordinates.  For my strikes, I received 2 fat halves of the quilting fabric,which was amazingly enough to make almost the entire backpack!  I only had to use my rainbow bubble fabric for the straps, and then rainbow vinyl for the bottom and accents. Be sure to check out the preorder at Moonbeam Textiles before it closes on the 20th of March to get your own Wizard of Oz fabric!
Rainbow fabric straps, almost visible
Bottom is glittery rainbow vinyl for protection

I used a pretty rainbow vinyl for the strap connectors, bottom exterior and the front connectors.  Next time I think for the bottom connector I might use a fabric piece because that vinyl keeps wanting to stick straight out!  When the bag is stuffed full it won't be an issue, but when the bag is empty it has a bit of a wild streak going wherever it wants!
Unclipped, this is a HUGE bag!
This bag holds a LOT! There are only the 2 side pockets and the main zippered compartment, but the finished size is approximately 16" tall, 12" wide and 6" deep.
Technically when you look in from the front they are upside down,  but if you look in from the back, they are right side up!
Side pockets are roomy and handy! I ran out of the tornado fabric, so I used more of the toss inside!
Tried to stuff it for better pics. 4 large skeins of yarn didn't even fill it up while it was connected!
UPDATE!  The pattern has been released!! Denver can be purchased HERE.  I made the larger size, but there is a small version I really want to try at some point!  It would make a super cute kid/toddler pack or backpack purse like the one I carried in college...(not to date myself or anything...LOL)

Thanks to my 9 year old model, she is a small thing, but this backpack actually is pretty big! She made the comment that it's super light, but probably would hold more than her school backpack. And then she requested one of her own...


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!